• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blow off under low boost higher load

Started by Sugar, September 10, 2017, 08:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugar

I have been noticing the blow off more frequently under light throttle, up an incline. I have been able to get the cruise control set around 70ish and make this happen multiple times in a row up a hill.

I removed the bypass valves and checked the diaphragm for visual tears but see nothing. I'm leaning mkre towards a solenoid issue maybe but it is driving me crazy lately.

I did find one other person who replaced the boost control solenoid on his F150 who had this problem and remedied it.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this issue. 
2015 SHO nonpp - Torrie 93 tune, AEM drop in, 170 thermostat, 3 bar

ZSHO

Here's a very similar thread that could be related to the 2015my. Z
Check you're turbo hoses and CAC (Intercooler) hoses to make sure the hose clamps are nice and tight.
The boost reference solenoid is a likely culprit which is a relatively a  cheap fix if that's the case. IDK. Hope this helps any.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4958.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Are you keeping track of boost levels?  Sticking wastegates possibly, and/or loose hoses atop the intake manifold, in addition to the above.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sugar

I started reading through the post you sent, but not the whole way through everything yet.  My symptoms are not quite as bad as his.  I have some basic datalogs from recently and I don't see any Wastegate symptoms like his.  My wastegate typically changes to 1 in first gear and right around peak boost drops down to .75-.65.  Seems pretty normal to me.

My boost levels are not too abnormal.  Right now I am battling some boost drop issues in my E30 tune, but running the 93 custom tune I will see spikes around 17-19 at max.  I'm not sure if this is too high or not honestly with how these cars control boost.  It tapers down  right after as I would expect.

When I see this problem happening it tends to be at very low boost.  I don't even have to be steadily increasing throttle for it.  Like I said I can replicate it with cruise control on a small incline.

I have checked and tightened all connections I can access and have not found a problem recently.  When I first got the car I had some boost problems with the one line coming from the boost control solenoid and the clamp on the TB was so loose it almost came off.  These were causing surging and my boost levels going up to 22psi.  These were fixed before I ever noticed this new problem.
2015 SHO nonpp - Torrie 93 tune, AEM drop in, 170 thermostat, 3 bar