• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Has anyone here upgraded their compressor wheels?

Started by Gray Brick, September 10, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Brick

I am on the fence regarding upgrading the compressor wheels or go all out with the larger turbos.

Can someone give a little feedback if they have done this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-3-5L-EcoBoost-Upgrade-Billet-Wheel-Rebuild-Kit-Set-SHO-Flex-2010-/122630605996?hash=item1c8d5a8cac:g:HTsAAOSw5UZY--M7&vxp=mtr
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Kingsped

Yes i have CR performance guy is awsom.
Tell them Brian sent you.
I love em but even after having them balanced i am having issues with noise but it may be normal.
Im the only perso i know of that has actually installed these.
Although  CR has very good feed back  on eBay but no reviewers that help.

car even runs great on stock tune or any other you can throw at it.
Spools almost instantly .
I have no idea what bost im hitting yet but will soon.
I just hope the sound is normal and epuld love to hear from others that have them .
Based on my experience even with tje sound for the price its a good option .

Gray Brick

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Kingsped

Its hard to describe
I guess its a swishing sound but under heavy throttle it kind of sounds like something ticking a slight bit.
It ony does it for a split second.
The turbos show no obvious signs of hitting the housings and as far as i can tell they are bot blowing any oil.

Kingsped

I guess its probably just a user error and not the actual product. Although i did have them balanced all i did was remove and installed after the REBUILD.