• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New PB for the Continental

Started by Brucelinc, September 06, 2017, 10:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I ran at Brainerd tonight in better air than we have had in the past - 1650 DA.  The car responded with a best of 12.80 @ 107.93.    I had not planned on running because the wife and I had other plans.  However, those plans got derailed so off to the track I went.  Unfortunately, I had the car full of fuel.   I suspect than the extra weight of the fuel kept me out of the the 12.7 range, but it is what it is!

I have to launch the Continental very gently to avoid severe wheel hop.  Note that the slower of the two runs has the best 60.  I launched around 2000 RPM and had wheel hop so bad that I backed out of it and it shifted to 2nd too early.  On the other run, I launched around 1200 RPM and had no hop or spin. 

The Continental will never be as good of a track machine as an SHO or MKS due to the suspension and weight.   I think the engine is willing but the ride-oriented suspension tuning and 4600 pound weight are major drawbacks.     

SHOdded

Epitome of consistency.  Great runs!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Nice!

I bet that thing would put down some impressive numbers on a chassis dyno!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

StealBlueSho

Congrats in the new PB!!!! Very happy things are going well! So when are you gonna give up that Matthew Mcconaughey suspension for a better track oriented suspension?! J/K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

Here is a video of my soft chubby girl vs. a rock hard ready for action Mustang GT 5.0.    This video demonstrates the wheel hop but also shows the Mustang in my rear view mirror.

https://youtu.be/vKhOQN_dHY0

AJP turbo

Quote from: Brucelinc on September 07, 2017, 09:28:34 AM
Here is a video of my soft chubby girl vs. a rock hard ready for action Mustang GT 5.0.    This video demonstrates the wheel hop but also shows the Mustang in my rear view mirror.

Hhhmmm....Soft chubby girl...and rock hard stang...Sounds kinda sexy if you are into that

I bet that stang was not happy with his 435hp 5.0

You know if it was an automatic or manual trans? Nice win though
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 07, 2017, 09:55:52 AM
Quote from: Brucelinc on September 07, 2017, 09:28:34 AM

Hhhmmm....Soft chubby girl...and rock hard stang...Sounds kinda sexy if you are into that

I bet that stang was not happy with his 435hp 5.0

You know if it was an automatic or manual trans? Nice win though
Mustangs are chubby chasers!

Brucelinc

The Mustang was a stick.  I watched him run and he couldn't hook very well.  He had a 2.4 60.  That is not uncommon for Mustangs at Brainerd unless they are running slicks.

Brucelinc

I need to acknowledge AJP turbo again.  He was the ONLY person in the country who was willing to tune my car and he has done an awesome job.   From a power perspective, I think his tune has delivered outstanding results.  The street performance is phenomenal.  As far as I know NO ONE ELSE has tuned the 3.0 Continental so everything Brad did was starting from scratch.  Pretty impressive!

My Conti with his tune would definitely outperform my old Lincoln MKS with it's Livernois race tune.    The MKS would launch better at higher rpm with no wheel hop but I know the Conti is making more power.

glock-coma

Great run, you were still pulling on that Stang near the finish if look in your rear view mirror.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Brucelinc

Quote from: glock-coma on September 07, 2017, 01:47:33 PM
Great run, you were still pulling on that Stang near the finish if look in your rear view mirror.

He did have a little higher trap speed - he was at 108.14 vs my 107.05.  Where he got a good whipping was in the 1/8 - 8.211 to his 9.010.  Traction and low end torque are our friends!!

Brucelinc

New Camaros are pretty formidable foes.  Either the driver in this video fell asleep, killed the engine or decided to run to the concession stand for a burger after he staged.  (Sorry for the shaky video.  I had the camera attached to my helmet and I was moving my stupid head to much.)

https://youtu.be/DHUMJqOtBvc

Night Hawk

2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93