• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R Springs,Motorcraft,Strut,Shocks Install!!

Started by ZSHO, September 07, 2017, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have never been to Lebanon valley but we might cross paths one day! I have been to Milan and Cecil county many times and my last outing with a Trap speed of almost 116 mph below!
The H&R springs will definitely help in that department as it netted me a best 1.752 60' time.

Best of luck with the tuning and mods. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9567.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

18SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on December 09, 2018, 08:54:21 AM
I have never been to Lebanon valley but we might cross paths one day! I have been to Milan and Cecil county many times and my last outing with a Trap speed of almost 116 mph below!
The H&R springs will definitely help in that department as it netted me a best 1.752 60' time.

Best of luck with the tuning and mods. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9567.0.html

Wow you take the drives for sure.. id think at least island dragway which is closest to you. Hope we do cross paths id love to check that car out... hell of a MPH and 60ft
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

ZSHO

I guess many of you know I love the H&R Springs setup and only gripe is roads that have a dip @ highway speeds you will most certainly feel the impact due to the overall stiffer suspension but if your on the fence go for it IMHO. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

4sfed

I absolutely LOVE the way the car sits now.  Remember though, that you ARE removing 1.5 inches of travel off the top (since the bottom of travel is unchangeable).  Just remember that it will be a stiffer ride, and you MUST watch for higher curbs when parking and opening doors.

...did I mention how much I love her stance now?  In fact my family sometimes catches me checking her out as we're walking away or towards, the car.
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

18SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on August 30, 2018, 10:19:50 AM
FYI- For anyone looking for the rear Camber bolts,found a sweet deal. Z  :)
Specialty  Products Company 81280 EZ Cam XR 16mm Adjuster Bolt - Pair. Z

$21.98 - Pair

https://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Products-Company-81280-Adjuster/dp/B000CB3QUI?keywords=specialty+products+81280&qid=1535638576&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_1

When I order these do I need just the one pair or should I order two ? One pair per side? I'm pulling the trigger on H&R springs in the upcoming week or two!
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

SM105K

Quote from: 18SHO on March 22, 2019, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 30, 2018, 10:19:50 AM
FYI- For anyone looking for the rear Camber bolts,found a sweet deal. Z  :)
Specialty  Products Company 81280 EZ Cam XR 16mm Adjuster Bolt - Pair. Z

$21.98 - Pair

https://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Products-Company-81280-Adjuster/dp/B000CB3QUI?keywords=specialty+products+81280&qid=1535638576&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_1

When I order these do I need just the one pair or should I order two ? One pair per side? I'm pulling the trigger on H&R springs in the upcoming week or two!

You can use the ones you posted, I did.  However, these are the revised ones right here that I will be replacing the 81280 with.

https://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Products-84130-LINCOLN-CAMBER/dp/B01IPLDDGS/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=specialty+products+84130&qid=1553280207&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

You will need to buy 2 of them, they do not come in pairs.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

malfuncion

So question, not sure if it was covered in this thread or not (10 pages?). I have a 2013 nonPP and need to do a full setup (creaks and leaks). I was considering doing coilovers but think HR will be good enough as I want easy setup and not have to mess with adjusting stuff. I'm just concerned about using nonPP innards on the springs as I read in the first few pages it could be a wavy ride. So is it time to upgrade to PP? Can I do that?

1) Can you put PP shocks/struts/mounts on a nonPP car?
2) Is the original parts list still accurate?
3) Do you need a camber kit? (Is that what the bolts people are mentioning above?)

Sorry, just trying to get a clean answer before I make an order. I've been across 3 sites and have read multiple different answers, looking for a definitive.

-edited for complete thoughts-

SM105K

Quote from: malfuncion on April 08, 2019, 10:45:12 AM
So question, not sure if it was covered in this thread or not (10 pages?). I have a 2013 nonPP and need to do a full setup (creaks and leaks). I was considering doing coilovers but think HR will be good enough as I want easy setup and not have to mess with adjusting stuff. I'm just concerned about using nonPP innards on the springs as I read in the first few pages it could be a wavy ride. So is it time to upgrade to PP? Can I do that?

1) Can you put PP shocks/struts/mounts on a nonPP car? I can't see why not.  The car will ride alot stiffer FYI.
2) Is the original parts list still accurate? Yes
3) Do you need a camber kit? (Is that what the bolts people are mentioning above?)  Use the bolts that I posted in my post. Directly above.

Sorry, just trying to get a clean answer before I make an order. I've been across 3 sites and have read multiple different answers, looking for a definitive.

Answers in bold above.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

malfuncion

Quote from: SM105K on April 08, 2019, 11:06:58 AM

1) Can you put PP shocks/struts/mounts on a nonPP car? I can't see why not.  The car will ride alot stiffer FYI.
3) Do you need a camber kit? (Is that what the bolts people are mentioning above?)  Use the bolts that I posted in my post. Directly above.

Answers in bold above.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I had expected but just wanted some feedback. I'm good with it stiffening as I really want to tighten it up. After my motor swap(rebuild) and tune reload I have a major problem with the rear squatting and the front losing traction. Lots of slop in there that needs cleaned up.

Do you mind me asking what you paid after it was all said and done? I prepped the budget committee with the expense this past weekend of being around $1k after it was all said and done. Sure would be nice to come in below...

SM105K

Quote from: malfuncion on April 08, 2019, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: SM105K on April 08, 2019, 11:06:58 AM

Answers in bold above.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I had expected but just wanted some feedback. I'm good with it stiffening as I really want to tighten it up. After my motor swap(rebuild) and tune reload I have a major problem with the rear squatting and the front losing traction. Lots of slop in there that needs cleaned up.

Do you mind me asking what you paid after it was all said and done? I prepped the budget committee with the expense this past weekend of being around $1k after it was all said and done. Sure would be nice to come in below...

I didn't buy new struts and I did all of the labor myself (minus the spring swap on the struts themselves).

I documented my whole swap here:

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/couple-of-goals.138235/page-7

ZSHO

Polski had NO issues with his 13-NON-PP-SHO IIRC!
He swapped out his NON-PP Struts and Shocks components for the PP Version without incident. 
It's somewhere within the 10 pages.Lol. Z

malfuncion

Thank you both for the replies. I think I'm going to give it a whirl, doesn't look to be too bad. I don't have a Pepboys close enough to me and my local firestone won't touch any part they don't order. Not sure who I'll try for the front springs, guess I'll be calling around.

Total cost with some coupon codes are coming in around $650 range for all the parts, then add in the minor labor cost for fronts and alignment. Looking around $850 on the high side, which isn't that bad. 

f8tlSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 15, 2017, 05:25:17 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 15, 2017, 05:08:37 PM

Sexy!!!!!!!!!!! Looking good Z!! Did the end up using the camber bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!!I know many have gone without them but in my case the rear camber bolts were definitely warranted.  Z
Did these work? #81280 because spc website is giving me a different part number for my 2013. They are saying #84130. Which are a good bit more expensive.

2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

f8tlSHO

Quote from: f8tlSHO on June 04, 2019, 08:22:51 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 15, 2017, 05:25:17 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 15, 2017, 05:08:37 PM

Sexy!!!!!!!!!!! Looking good Z!! Did the end up using the camber bolts?

Thanks man!!I know many have gone without them but in my case the rear camber bolts were definitely warranted.  Z
Did these work? #81280 because spc website is giving me a different part number for my 2013. They are saying #84130. Which are a good bit more expensive.

Just saw my answer... thanks

2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq