• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R Springs,Motorcraft,Strut,Shocks Install!!

Started by ZSHO, September 07, 2017, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on October 04, 2017, 08:59:25 PM
Hey with 400# in the trunk. You might clear curbs in the front then after installing these.
I think you might consider a Towing Tune with the extra weight. Lol.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

Well the Taurus can fit four dead bodies in the trunk so maybe call it a Hearse tune. LOL

Good question tho. With the HR springs installed. He puts 400# in the trunk. Will the Front end come up like other cars? Not sure with the shorter springs and such.

ZSHO

I had the strut tower bolts re-torqued to oem specs for added measures and the overall suspension is riding nice and tight and couldn't be happier.  Z

FRONT SPRINGS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8JUL90DXgdiUHN5bXdBanJjNWpuby1UV2Q0N0o3OUQtZmJN

REAR SPRINGS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8JUL90DXgdiUHN5bXdBanJjNWpuby1UV2Q0N0o3OUQtZmJN

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Macgyver

That is a relief.

Seems this is the way to go if Coil overs are out of your $$$ and you can install these yourself. Saves $$$

ZSHO

I would say with the new H&R SPRINGS strut-shocks-setup netted an overall Best 1.752 - 60'- times. :)

Crazyeights

I recently moved up from a 2011 PP that had the H&R springs installed  to a 2015 PP. The ride on the 2015 with factory shocks and springs is by far smoother and less harsh. However, I miss the lower CG the H&R's give you along with the look and feel of the road. I will at least wait until next spring to decide if I'll install H&Rs on the 2015.
2011 SHO PP, Ingot Silver Metallic, H&R lowering Springs

avidmotion

Did you use the MC OEM or the heavy duty struts. Are there any aftermarket recommendable that is better lasting quality then MC? I just need struts n shocks, springs are fine and I don't want any harsher for a DD. Just looking for "better" then stock PP.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Crazyeights on October 23, 2017, 01:44:46 PM
I recently moved up from a 2011 PP that had the H&R springs installed  to a 2015 PP. The ride on the 2015 with factory shocks and springs is by far smoother and less harsh. However, I miss the lower CG the H&R's give you along with the look and feel of the road. I will at least wait until next spring to decide if I'll install H&Rs on the 2015.
This is good info.

Maybe non-pp gen 1 struts with H&Rs is what I'm looking for.

Z has some pretty nice 60-fts with his...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on October 13, 2017, 11:12:03 AM
I had the strut tower bolts re-torqued to oem specs for added measures and the overall suspension is riding nice and tight and couldn't be happier.  Z

FRONT SPRINGS

REAR SPRINGS

Z, its hard to tell from those angles, is there any rake with your setup?

I like me some rake...

ZSHO

FoMoCo will try to get some more pics later. 
I might go with a bit wider wheel setup in the Spring. Z

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

avidmotion

ZSHO..... Thanks for all the help with the struts, I ordered from Rockauto at 1143 am on fri, I recieved them the NEXT DAY Saturday at 1234 pm! Awesome! Great service especially around the holiday and weather problems here on East coast....Parts are correct for the PP 13 SHO....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Going to Necro thread this one a bit.  Only reason is that this one thread seems to be a great single source for info on the springs, struts, etc and it would be a great one to sticky long term..

CAMBER BOLTS.  Which ones are the correct ones?  When I check the 81280 they are saying they do not fit the SHO and the pictures are for a front strut type assembly.  I also thought I read in one of the threads about the length of the 81280 not being correct?

But the 84130 are coming up as SHO rear camber bolts per SPC lookup?
http://www.spcalignment.com/index.php?option=com_spc&task=details

Or maybe the 84130 are a new product that was not available when this thread was started?

And yes I am bringing it up because I did a thing on Friday and want the correct bolts inhand when the time comes.  :evilB:
I already ordered the 84130's so hoping they work!
:homer:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.