• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R Springs,Motorcraft,Strut,Shocks Install!!

Started by ZSHO, September 07, 2017, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

The H&R Springs should be here Tomorrow,along with a set of MC front struts and figured let me kill two birds with one stone while in the process.lol.  Z

The Motorcraft front Struts can be found below for my 13 PP-SHO.  Z  :)

MOTORCRAFT AST12321 {#AST12256, DG1Z18124U} Front Left; w/ Black Calipers; w/o Painted Calipers

$54.79  
MOTORCRAFT AST12323 {#AST12257, DG1Z18124W} Front Right; w/ Black Calipers; w/o Painted Calipers
$54.79

Grand Total $113.09 which includes shipping for the Struts.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,suspension,strut,7584

13+NON-PP SHO Front Struts Part numbers can be found below.

MOTORCRAFT AST12329 {#AST12250, DG1Z18124E, DG1Z18124Y}
Front Left; w/ Painted Calipers
$52.99

MOTORCRAFT AST12328 {#AST12251, DG1Z18124F, DG1Z18124X}
Front Right; w/ Painted Calipers
$54.89

I figured let me order the rear shocks also and do them in one shot.  Z  :)

REAR SHOCKS PART NUMBERS BELOW

13+PP SHO  X2 same part number DG1Z18125F
http://www.rockauto.com has the best price of $135.89 with promo-code applied and shipping included.

13+NON-PP X2 same part number.  DG1Z18125C
$133.89

http://www.rockauto.com $65.79

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com-$76.16   

http://www.fordparts.com-  $120.42

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,suspension,shock+absorber,7556

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Here are the front Motorcraft PP-SHO Struts. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Joeyfuzz911

How many miles are on your SHO and what made you want to change struts/shocks?

Btw, are they oem or aftermarket?
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

ZSHO

Quote from: Joeyfuzz911 on September 15, 2017, 12:41:08 PM
How many miles are on your SHO and what made you want to change struts/shocks?

Btw, are they oem or aftermarket?
Its my DD so currently @ 57K. I noticed on my last run i was getting to much wheel spin with my nose up in the air upon launching hard. Z

ZSHO

Here are some before and after pics of my H&R Springs install along with a new set of front Struts,shocks and also needed were a set of Strut mount brackets for a peace of mind and last but not least the much needed Specialty camber bolts 81280 in order to align the rear to oem specs.  Z  :)

Please forgive my car being so dirty just been busy with back to school and all.
If you have any questions feel feel free to ask.  Z :)

Before Install

After Install

Alignment Specs

Strut mounts(upper)

MOTORCRAFT AD1147  Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): AD1083, AD1097, AD1134, DG1Z18183B

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,suspension,strut+mount,7600

CroR1

Looks very nice Z. How do you like the H&R?

StealBlueSho

Sexy!!!!!!!!!!! Looking good Z!! Did the end up using the camber bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on September 15, 2017, 04:54:54 PM
Looks very nice Z. How do you like the H&R?
Meh! I guess i may need to break/settle in for a while!! Thanks for the kind words.  Z

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 15, 2017, 05:08:37 PM

Sexy!!!!!!!!!!! Looking good Z!! Did the end up using the camber bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!!I know many have gone without them but in my case the rear camber bolts were definitely warranted.  Z

SHOdded

Vroom Vroom Vroom.  die potholes die.  perhaps the diff is not as noticeable on a PP equipped SHO?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CroR1

The h&r isone of the best mods. I like how the car turns in, especially given the fact that SHO is a big car. You will get to like them. When you go in a lower quality car with big body roll, makes you appreciate those stiff spring even more.

ZSHO

Since everything is new might just need to wait until everything settle's and adjust's accordingly,thanks. Z
BTW might need to measure the wheel gap!!!! :D
http://youtu.be/SNd-C8BrRyc

bpd1151

I'd like to show Tara a before and after. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 15, 2017, 08:19:51 PM
I'd like to show Tara a before and after. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'll SHO her my personal Best. Lol. Z

ZSHO

(Quick Update) and CroR1 is Spot on!!!  Here are my initial impressions!!
I noticed overall better steering response and body roll(handling) coming from a Big-Naughty-4400 lb-Girl.
I guess it all depends on the road conditions but noticed the ride is much harsher even with the new Springs,Struts,shock,combination installed and probably something I need to get accustomed too. Z  :drive: