• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Inner tie rod socket size?

Started by pmezo33, February 04, 2017, 09:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmezo33

Quote from: ZSHO on February 06, 2017, 02:26:03 PM
I was able to finally measure it for ya.
It measure's approximately 38.5mm.  Z
I hope it helps any of our prestige members out. :)

Thanks for confirming that.  Appreciate it.

I hope you didn't pull that tie rod just for this thread though.   

ZSHO

Quote from: pmezo33 on February 06, 2017, 02:47:33 PM

No worries actually was curious myself but IMHO its my pleasure to help out the ecoboost community in any way i can.
I'm hoping the tool you ordered is deep enough to go over the end of the tie rod and hope everything goes smooth without a hitch.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

pmezo33

Quote from: ZSHO on February 06, 2017, 03:01:28 PM

IMHO its my pleasure to help out the ecoboost community in any way i can.
I'm hoping the tool you ordered is deep enough to go over the end of the tie rod and hope everything goes smooth without a hitch.  Z

That's some dedication right there, and i definitely do appreciate it, but your car is going to need an alignment now if that was pulled from your car.  I didn't want to put you through all that trouble.  I hope that was just a spare part you got a hold of. 

If it was from your car... out of curiousity, what did you use to pull yours?

And I haven't ordered the tool yet.  Probably will a little later today.  They're all deep enough to get over the tie rod, even the smaller sizes, it's just getting them correctly on the thread.  I think I should be good with that master set.  Really would have preferred to rent the tools, but it is what it is.

ZSHO

Quote from: pmezo33 on February 06, 2017, 03:08:38 PM

That's some dedication right there, and i definitely do appreciate it, but your car is going to need an alignment now if that was pulled from your car.  I didn't want to put you through all that trouble.  I hope that was just a spare part you got a hold of. 

And I haven't ordered the tool yet.  Probably will a little later today.  They're all deep enough to get over the tie rod, even the smaller sizes, it's just getting them correctly on the thread.  I think I should be good with that master set.  Really would have preferred to rent the tools, but it is what it is.
I pulled it from the shelf,LOL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on February 06, 2017, 03:16:24 PM
Right, right, AFTER you pulled it from the car :P LOL  There's a ripple in the time-space continuum somewhere in NY ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 06, 2017, 03:54:02 PM
Right, right, AFTER you pulled it from the car :P LOL  There's a ripple in the time-space continuum somewhere in NY ...
Oh to funny,was busy trying to get the grease off my hands.LOL. Z

pmezo33

Ok, good.  You had me feeling bad here for a minute.  Appreciate you looking and getting me a measurement though.

glock-coma

Quote from: pmezo33 on February 06, 2017, 06:02:28 PM

Ok, good.  You had me feeling bad here for a minute.  Appreciate you looking and getting me a measurement though.
Did you ever find out the correct size socket? Probably doing both inner and outer in the next week or so.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

I can try to find out tomorrow.  Z
! No longer available .

pmezo33

Quote from: glock-coma on September 06, 2017, 08:29:07 PM

Did you ever find out the correct size socket? Probably doing both inner and outer in the next week or so.

1-1/2 inch sized adapter worked.  I used this set.  None of the part stores rented a tool with an adapter in that size, so i just bought one.

http://www.lislecorp.com/divisions/products/?product=566

Looking back, an adjustable wrench would have been a cheaper option.  Would have worked fine as long as it opened to at least 1-1/2 inches.

ZSHO

I quess all the quote on quotes missed my own answer. lol. Z
BTW Funny Topic though.  :)

38.5 mm = 1.5 inchs