• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Specific performance benefits of lower temp T-Stat

Started by Agentlongwood, August 31, 2017, 10:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

I want to ask about what specific benefits a lower temp t-stat gets you.  Assuming your car is properly tuned to take advantage of it of course.  Do you see lower IAT after sitting in the staging lanes at the track?  Does the lower opening temp let you run more timing/boost?  Is it just a safety thing to dissipate more heat after making a pass at the track?  Could someone just assume that I am a total noob (you'll probably be right, lol) and explain in detail the benefits that a lower temp t-stat provides.

Also are there any drawbacks for a daily driver?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ZSHO

There are no drawbacks on a lower Stat,similar to having colder plugs .
If you're tuned you can certainly adjust your desired Stat settings.
This has been discussed broadly in the past and here is a most recent thread below. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7256.0.html .Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Agentlongwood

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  When I searched I was finding tons of mentions of t-stats, but not a lot of actual data.  From that thread I think I'll try the Reirsche 170.  Rerche?  Riereche?  I hate spelling...
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

That was my final selection and the place I purchased from :)  Very happy with both choices.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106