• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Continental at the track again

Started by Brucelinc, July 12, 2017, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Still broke into the 12's :thumb:  Conditions must've been REALLY bad to have created such an issue even in the presence of AWD.  Did you play with tire pressures at all?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Curious if you also have the suspension in it's stiffest setting.  In my MKS, the firmest setting seems to reduce the squat in the rear a little and help keep the front planted.

Good time's regardless.  The trap speed shows it has potential for a better ET.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Brucelinc

Quote from: sholxgt on July 27, 2017, 08:55:52 AM
Curious if you also have the suspension in it's stiffest setting.  In my MKS, the firmest setting seems to reduce the squat in the rear a little and help keep the front planted.

Good time's regardless.  The trap speed shows it has potential for a better ET.

Yes, I had the suspension in the stiffest setting.  The problem may have been due to some people running their A/C while waiting to stage and then dropping condensation on the track.  The guys kept sweeping the start line but if one tire was on some moisture while the others were not, it might have caused the issue.  I ran at the same track 2 weeks ago and had ZERO wheelhop. 

Car 646 on the timeslip was a late model Camaro who couldn't hook.  Car 662 was a 392 Hemi Challenger Scat Pack with drag radials.  He REALLY could hook!  He red-lighted, though.

lamrith

Quote from: Brucelinc on July 27, 2017, 09:33:09 AM
Car 662 was a 392 Hemi Challenger Scat Pack with drag radials.  He REALLY could hook!  He red-lighted, though.
You had him seeing all sorts of red! :drive:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Brucelinc

I hadn't planned to go back to the track until cooler weather but since it is to darn much fun, I just had to go to Brainerd last night in spite of the 2500 DA.  I am disappointed in the results, though.  I was running a revised tune that looked good in the logs and feels awesome on the street but the the timeslips do not lie.  It is no faster than it was a few revisions back.    I was launching pretty gently to avoid wheel hop but I still expected better numbers.

Brad thinks we can do more to help the transmission shift quicker.  With the 3.39 gear, I do hit 5th gear before the end of the quarter so it is shifting one more time than my old MKS.   Maybe that is hurting me.  Or maybe there is not much more that can be done to a 4600 pound land yacht with a 180 cubic inch engine.

sholxgt

Have you considered bracket racing?  You are a machine!!!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

irondoor19

Yea:

Your Reaction Times are Wicked, I am a little Jealous :(
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Brucelinc

You guys gotta be teasing me.   My RTs are all over the place.   I really haven't been paying any attention to RTs since I just want to see what the car can do.   It is consistent as can be - just consistently 2-3 tenths slower than I like.