• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Swollen Nuts!

Started by ZSHO, August 26, 2017, 04:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Ford Edge,F150 suit filed for swollen nuts. Z

August 24, 2017 — Ford swollen lug nuts have caused a proposed class-action lawsuit that alleges the lug nuts swell, crack and delaminate to the point special tools are needed to remove the lug nuts.

The lawsuit alleges the swollen lug nuts are installed on the Ford Fusion, Escape, Flex, Focus, F-150 and F-350

Pics of the swollen nuts.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2017/ford-swollen-lug-nuts-class-action-lawsuit.shtml

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Bwhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Yea........... Adding Megan's right before a Vasectomy is not recommended.... I couldn't soften those dampeners enough...

ZSHO

Yeah just couldn't pass that one up. LOL.  Z  :rofl2:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Ya know, to be honest, I found a whole new appreciation for the cooled seats option on the way home from the track.....

lattyd

Well I'm glad to see it was not just my Wife's Escape haha

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Current: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Performance Pack - KNN Drop-In Filter / H&R Springs / VOXX Matt Black Wheels / Black Trim / NEW: Unleashed Tune - 3 Bar MAP - 170* T-Stat
Previous: 2012 Chevy Sonic - 1.4T - Trifecta Tuned - ZZP Catback - Injen Custom Intake
Previous: 2007 Grand Prix GXP - Trifecta Tuned - Flowmaster American Thunder 40's - KNN Air Intake

J-Will

We had to buy new ones for my wife's 13 Escape. Glad to see this

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

sholxgt

So many thoughts...

Is this better or worse than:
stripped nuts?
shrunken nuts?
warped nuts?
discolored nuts?

Would gentle massaging get them back into the proper shape?
Could this be prevented with icing?

In all seriousness, I'd be upset if special tools were required just so I could get my nuts off.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Quote from: sholxgt on August 27, 2017, 11:11:23 PM
So many thoughts...

Is this better or worse than:
stripped nuts?
shrunken nuts?
warped nuts?
discolored nuts?

Would gentle massaging get them back into the proper shape?
Could this be prevented with icing?

In all seriousness, I'd be upset if special tools were required just so I could get my nuts off.

Striped nuts= worse
Shrunken nuts=worse
Warped nuts=definitely worse
Discolored nuts=without a doubt worse

Serious though...I hate those covers they put on the lug nuts...I changed mine over on my mustang to gorilla lifetime chrome because one of the covers popped off the stock nuts on my mustang and looked terrible
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

FORD LUG NUTS CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT BASELESS: FORD!
The Saga continues about the Swollen Nuts and Ford thinks it's 'nonsensical' .Z

MARCH 24, 2018 — A Ford lug nuts class-action lawsuit should be dismissed because all the claims are baseless, or so says attorneys for the automaker who argue the plaintiffs apparently want warranties to last forever.

The plaintiffs claim the affected Ford Escape, Fusion, Flex, Focus, F-150 and F-350 vehicles are equipped with two-piece lug nuts that delaminate, crack and swell because they are made with a combination of steel, chrome, aluminum or stainless steel instead of solid steel. 

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-lug-nuts-class-action-lawsuit.shtml

SHOdded

Never had to have lugnuts replaced on ANY car/truck.  So expecting lifetime ... not so far off base.  Thankfully, Ford does provide lifetime fluids to make up for this.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Skydogs

Yeah Chrysler are the WORSE!!! Lots of times I have to blow them off with a torch or drill the center out. If the customers round them off where there is zero lug nut left!! No socket or special tool will get them off. I have to bring the customers out and show them.  Sucks so many times customer's are like what did you do!!! Lol people smh
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

ZSHO

It certainly makes you want to inspect your nuts.  Z  :D

ZSHO

FORD SWOLLEN LUG NUTS LAWSUIT DISMISSED

I guess they could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the plaintiffs nuts would swell, crack and deform,ultimately causing the nuts ordeal to deflate.  Z

JANUARY 6, 2019 — A Ford swollen lug nuts lawsuit has been dismissed in its entirety because the judge ruled the plaintiffs "presented no legally viable claims" in the 120-count complaint.

According to the proposed class-action lawsuit, the lug nuts allegedly swell, deform and crack, making it nearly impossible to remove the lug nuts to change the tires. The alleged problem is blamed on vibrations from the road, temperature changes and moisture that deform the lug nuts.

The plaintiffs claim the Ford F-150, F-350, Escape, Flex, Focus and Fusion are all equipped with two-piece lug nuts that have steel cores with chrome, aluminum or stainless steel caps. However, the lawsuit alleges the automaker should have used one-piece solid steel lug nuts instead of the two-piece nuts with caps.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2019/ford-swollen-lug-nuts-lawsuit-dismissed.shtml