• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mdesign Snout Warped - Sent it back, Waiting on a response

Started by irondoor19, August 24, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Quote from: irondoor19 on October 04, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
Quote from: derfdog15 on September 29, 2017, 10:28:47 AM
Quote from: irondoor19 on September 29, 2017, 10:23:42 AM
To respond to the other comments: there is no hard evidence to prove that
there is no horsepower advantage or lack there of. Also the heat soak experiment
did not include the Mdesign in that test. SO the jury is still out... YES i will be sending MDesign
a Email to voice My Displeasure with the Time and effort it took to get them to respond, and am i looking at building my own transition (fabricator is looking at it now): YES I AM,...

First Pic: Second Snout received W/O Grommets
Second Pic: First Snout received with Grommets

There are a few threads here in this forum of real world testing showing none if not minimal gains. Just like adding any intake on the SHO adds none or very little power gains. Cept for the people designing them. Then of course their dyno shows lots of power gains and lower intake temps.
Evidence. When people come in here and ask. What are the best mods for the SHO that add power and what do I need for a tune. It is always the same;
3bar map. 170 Thermo. 1 step colder plugs. In fact. When I asked AJP Turbo. He said all you need for the tune that really makes a difference is the 3 bar map.

Would I buy this now. No. Does it look really good Yes. Pop the hood and this thing stands out. Too bad their customer service doesnt stand out too.

firewater88

Got replacement in mail today, unfortunately the Flex got dropped off at the shop to get the front coilovers on, so I'll have to wait to put this on.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

warkentinkd

Just discovered that my Intake Snout is broken.  I have emailed and messaged on facebook.  I still have not have received a response.  I purchased my CAI November 2016 for the Thanksgiving sale.  I didn't receive the CAI until after Christmas.  I hope they make this right.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP, AJP 3 Bar 91 tune, SP534's Gapped @ 0.030, and MDesign intake.  For now...

Agentlongwood

Jeez... at this point I feel like someone should just take an MDesign snout and use it as a template to CNC the part out of aluminum.  Make a fortune replacing warped/broken plastic snouts, lol.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

Rockstar04

Quote from: Agentlongwood on October 26, 2017, 01:53:20 PM
Jeez... at this point I feel like someone should just take an MDesign snout and use it as a template to CNC the part out of aluminum.  Make a fortune replacing warped/broken plastic snouts, lol.

CNC would be rather difficult, and very wasteful (Difficult because of the thickness of the part near the end of machining, and wasteful because of the large internal volume that would need to be removed). Hydroforming would be much better for a part this shape and thickness. Form the main section from standard round tubing and then weld on the mounting tabs.

Edit: Looking at the part again, the easiest way could possibly be to make and inner die and outer mold for a press and form the snout from an aluminum tube that way.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

SHOdded

Quote from: warkentinkd on October 26, 2017, 01:27:08 PM
Just discovered that my Intake Snout is broken.  I have emailed and messaged on facebook.  I still have not have received a response.  I purchased my CAI November 2016 for the Thanksgiving sale.  I didn't receive the CAI until after Christmas.  I hope they make this right.
Lets give it a little time, then contact them again.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: warkentinkd on October 26, 2017, 01:27:08 PM
Welcome warkentinkd!!  X2 give them some time but in the meantime Due setup an intro @ your earliest convenience,thanks.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

warkentinkd

Quote from: ZSHO on October 26, 2017, 03:42:22 PM
Welcome warkentinkd!!  X2 give them some time but in the meantime Due setup an intro @ your earliest convenience,thanks.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html
Thanks Z.  I will give them sometime. 
2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP, AJP 3 Bar 91 tune, SP534's Gapped @ 0.030, and MDesign intake.  For now...

warkentinkd

I received a response from MDesign today.  They will be sending me a replacement intake inlet scoop.  Thanks MDesign for standing by your product and sending out the replacement!

ZSHO

Quote from: warkentinkd on November 01, 2017, 01:52:44 AM
I received a response from MDesign today.  They will be sending me a replacement intake inlet scoop.  Thanks MDesign for standing by your product and sending out the replacement!
Glad everything worked out in your favor! Btw did you receive a Tracking # ?
If not hope you receive it before your initial purchase date!!. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

warkentinkd

Quote from: ZSHO on November 01, 2017, 07:03:44 AM
I didn't receive a tracking # but they said I should receive the replacement within 2 to 4 business days.

ZSHO

Quote from: warkentinkd on November 02, 2017, 11:16:04 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 01, 2017, 07:03:44 AM
I didn't receive a tracking # but they said I should receive the replacement within 2 to 4 business days.
Best of luck and keep us updated.
FYI -the security verification feature should be gone now as this is your 5th post.  Z

warkentinkd

Just providing an update.  I received the replacement snout sometime last week.  I installed it yesterday.  Thanks for everyone's help!