• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mdesign Snout Warped - Sent it back, Waiting on a response

Started by irondoor19, August 24, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firewater88

I was waiting to see if you had heard anything back yet. I have not heard back either yet, going on 2 months since last reply from them. Have sent 3 emails since then, getting ready to fire off another one soon.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

irondoor19

Quote from: firewater88 on September 18, 2017, 10:33:00 AM
I was waiting to see if you had heard anything back yet. I have not heard back either yet, going on 2 months since last reply from them. Have sent 3 emails since then, getting ready to fire off another one soon.

Now I did get the first New Design Snout, and this is the Second one that broke
(IF I was driving the Car Regularly I would Be very Pissed Off). AND I say i would pay
for one in all the last Emails. What hacks me off is that they Just Ignore you, AND
If I did business this way,  i would be out of business :nuclear:
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

bpd1151

Oh boy, like I said previously......

"and the saga continues".

Yawn.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I just pm'ed him a courteous friendly reminder. Z  :hmmm:
I made certain this did not end up on there spam folder.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

irondoor19

Quote from: ZSHO on September 18, 2017, 11:36:09 AM
I just pm'ed him a courteous friendly reminder. Z  :hmmm:
I made certain this did not end up on there spam folder.

HA that did it, Wow, Will send it back today, with a tracking NO, thanks for that
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

AJP turbo

Still kind of strange that they would respond to a forum PM than from regular customer emails?...That would kind of bug me...Seems they only respond when it becomes a public issue, as to avoid bad pub
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 18, 2017, 12:52:14 PM
Still kind of strange that they would respond to a forum PM than from regular customer emails?...That would kind of bug me...Seems they only respond when it becomes a public issue, as to avoid bad pub
Agreed completely!

Although very nice of Z to intervene, seems like he's been having to do so, WAYYYYYY to much.

If I was a direct customer, I'd expect a direct answer. One in which doesn't necessitate a constant, 3rd party intervention.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Yes. More people here read than post as in most forums.

I have learned not to trust this Intake place.

I bought the light kit from Drive Bright DRLs since people said they work well. Lets just say I got the same treatment as people here are getting from the intake place. My kit was of terrible quality and I had a DOA puddle light. 3 emails. multiple Phone calls. Very very poor customer service. Now I gotta pray that the kit makes it a year. If I need warranty stuff replaced. I cannot imagine how long that will take. Same situation here with the intake. Nope Not gonna. It looks awesome but its not worth the hassle.

firewater88

Quote from: Macgyver on September 18, 2017, 08:28:42 PM
Yes. More people here read than post as in most forums.

I have learned not to trust this Intake place.

I bought the light kit from Drive Bright DRLs since people said they work well. Lets just say I got the same treatment as people here are getting from the intake place. My kit was of terrible quality and I had a DOA puddle light. 3 emails. multiple Phone calls. Very very poor customer service. Now I gotta pray that the kit makes it a year. If I need warranty stuff replaced. I cannot imagine how long that will take. Same situation here with the intake. Nope Not gonna. It looks awesome but its not worth the hassle.

Funny, I had an issue from drive bright and got a response on a day and a replacement sent out the next day.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

Blackhawk

So contact I had was Sept 6th asking for pics and I responded within a day with them.  Sent another ping on the 15th and still haven't heard anything.  It's sad because I am really happy with the product and am strong advocate on facebook for it.

14SHOCAR

Sorry to hear about your issues. As most people know here -- I never was a fan of the M-Design intakes for multiple reasons. I even did a heat soak video as a result of this intake. The plastics used must not have had the high temperature characteristics as found with K&N and other known intakes. Remember plastic and metal intakes have different properties -- such as insulation and convection. In this case, Convection is drawing heat away - Insulate is holding heat. Plastics hold heat much longer than metal, which could lead to that warping and distortion. I mean look at radiator hoses.

For grins -- here's my heat soak video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUZPMmCDxw

( and before anyone gets bent out of shape (pun intended) -- I'm entitled to my own opinions ;)    )

I hope everyone gets resolution to their issues!
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

Blackhawk

Still nothing since the 6th :(

Quote from: Blackhawk on September 19, 2017, 12:24:45 PM
So contact I had was Sept 6th asking for pics and I responded within a day with them.  Sent another ping on the 15th and still haven't heard anything.  It's sad because I am really happy with the product and am strong advocate on facebook for it.

ZSHO

I will no longer intervene in this thread,due diligence on my part as the word needs to get out to the Ecoboost community of the lack of customer service and support that they have shown to each respective member here on this forum.

If you have a complaint please feel free to share your personal experience and post it on this thread.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Blackhawk

Thanks Z, I think you have given them a fair chance.

Quote from: ZSHO on September 25, 2017, 12:17:03 PM
I will no longer intervene,due diligence on my part as the word needs to get out to the Ecoboost community of the lack of customer service and support.  Z

Macgyver