• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mdesign Snout Warped - Sent it back, Waiting on a response

Started by irondoor19, August 24, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firewater88

The filter on mine started to have some rust on it a few months after I got it. I sent pics and they said it would not hurt performance, if you see it getting worse, they would replace it under warranty. It has gotten a bit worse. Now they are saying I would have to pay to replace it. That was about the time I did not get much communication from them. Still trying to get my snout replaced. Heck, they are only a few hour drive from me, maybe I should go knock on their door!
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

irondoor19

Quote from: ZSHO on August 25, 2017, 11:22:03 AM
I will certainly try to reach out to Mdesign and report with any findings.
He has always done the right thing in the past but hoping him or his Co did not exchange hands .IDK. Z

I found the best correspondence @ MDesignSales@gmail.com       

OK so if you grease the Wheel, You Get a response:....
"we never got the Snout Back" but if you send us your address
we will get one out to you today "for promoting Our Product"

I thank all you Guys, and the Mod's for Ur input and
will report Back the Findings after we Get to the 1/4 Mile Next Month
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

FearlessAZ

I know at first they did not want to replace it all. Stated that the warranty only covers the original purchaser. Eventually, they changed the policy to follower who ever owned it. Everything that I dealt with is in the thread that was posted earlier.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Night Hawk

Well I am the original purchaser of mine, and maintained the original email chain from 2015 sent by the owner.  I just fired out another email to them keep your fingers crossed, third times a charm!
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

ZSHO

I know there are quite a few members having issues with the earlier version of the MDesign intake primarily the(snorkel)and if you could keep us updated on any ongoing progress,correspondence and hoping for an amicable resolution on the Topic on hand,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Blackhawk

Add me to the list, mine was purchased early 2016.  I'm not sure what batch that is from. 

irondoor19

Quote from: irondoor19 on August 25, 2017, 12:58:59 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 25, 2017, 11:22:03 AM
I will certainly try to reach out to Mdesign and report with any findings.
He has always done the right thing in the past but hoping him or his Co did not exchange hands .IDK. Z

I found the best correspondence @ MDesignSales@gmail.com       

OK so if you grease the Wheel, You Get a response:....
"we never got the Snout Back" but if you send us your address
we will get one out to you today "for promoting Our Product"

I thank all you Guys, and the Mod's for Ur input and
will report Back the Findings after we Get to the 1/4 Mile Next Month

I do not even want to write this:

HERE WE ARE a week and a Day Later, No New Snout, and i have asked them
for a tracking Number... NO RESPONSE, Man I AM HOT, Mdesign....! >:D

FearlessAZ

I believe it took me a week or so back and forth with them. Just try emailing again, try using the contact form on theit website and try calling them. I was just as frustrated.

Just don't lose your cool and continue to be respectful.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

irondoor19

Quote from: FearlessAZ on September 02, 2017, 02:18:17 PM
I believe it took me a week or so back and forth with them. Just try emailing again, try using the contact form on theit website and try calling them. I was just as frustrated.

I am sorry, however this has been going on for WELL over a Month Now, when I say i will
do something, I ALWAYS try and follow thru, otherwise I do not say I will do it....

Night Hawk

2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

FoMoCoSHO

If they want respect maybe they should start treating our members with respect.

bpd1151

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 02, 2017, 02:58:56 PM

If they want respect maybe they should start treating our members with respect.
Agreed!

I for one, am happy, based on their craptastic customer support, and apparent flawed product design/production.....

Am super happy I never purchased jack squat from them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

firewater88

Same here, no response. Going to email them again today.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MDesign Performance

We apologize for the late response as notifications of this forum land in our spam folder.

Out of nearly a thousand and counting systems the failure on the air inlet scoop for the 3.5L EcoBoost accounts to less than 1% of systems. The failure on all of these inlet air scoops are due to over-torqueing of the stainless steel clamps. Stainless steel is of course stronger than ABS therefore when over-torquing the clamps the plastic piece will buckle and/or crack, which is the reason for the failed inlet air scoops. This has nothing to do with the design or style of the system as this issue is an isolated issue. These clamp do not need to be torqued more than hand-tight or sightly snug, and when this is not followed as instructed in the installation instruction and by the warning label on the actual packaging of the stainless steel claps, the issue reported occurs.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 24, 2017, 06:17:41 PM
So Mdesigns position is that customers are liars until they prove that the part, which is completely useless on its own, is indeed defective?

What say you Mdesign?

This is not true at all. It is typical practice and standard while dealing with any manufacturer warranty to send back the defective piece in order for it to be inspected and for a warranty replacement to be processed. This is standard warranty processing in any industry.

Quote from: irondoor19 on September 02, 2017, 02:31:39 PM
I am sorry, however this has been going on for WELL over a Month Now, when I say i will
do something, I ALWAYS try and follow thru, otherwise I do not say I will do it....

The delay in your warranty processing of your air inlet scoop is due to the fact that your package could not be delivered as sent out. We had to go to our local post office as of recently to inquire and found the issue was due to the fact the package was incorrectly shipped with postage stamps rather than a proper label and locating the package was difficult as it had no tracking number associated with the package. After locating the package there was a balance on the package due to the incorrectly usage of stamps as postage rather than a proper label. You should be receiving an email shortly regarding the replacement of your inlet air scoop.

Any further questions or concerns can be directed to: sales@mdesignperformance.com for the fastest response.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance