• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mdesign Snout Warped - Sent it back, Waiting on a response

Started by irondoor19, August 24, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

The Snout on the Mdesign Warped, AND I sent it back End of July,
and the last message from them, What is the tracking No., I sent it
regular Air Mail with their Warranty card Attached (cant Find the receipt for US mail),
I am feeling a bit lonely and left out, Just like a red headed step child... >:(
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

bpd1151

I think this makes the 2nd known failure of that particular piece.

Flawed design perhaps??

I hope they recitfy it for you soon!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

That's very unfortunate but it could be a bad batch or just a flaw with the older versions as compared to the newer version of the MDesign. IDK.
I'm hoping there's an amicable resolution in the works for ya.

Here's a recent thread with the very identical situation. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7713.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Night Hawk

Same thing here, communicated for a replacement faulty snout on two occasions, never heard back.
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

ZSHO

Quote from: Night Hawk on August 24, 2017, 04:25:55 PM
Same thing here, communicated for a replacement faulty snout on two occasions, never heard back.
Which MDesign version do you have? thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Night Hawk

2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

ZSHO

It unfortunately seems that the Trend of faulty MDesign Snouts is growing!!!!!!
I think it will be beneficiary if we could find out which exact version is having,causing these issues.  Z

SHOdded

Air Mail?  ...  Surely the USPS can help track it down, esp if you paid with a card/not cash.  The more details you have for them, the better.  Though I have never had to ask the USPS for this type of thing ...

I really wonder if the company has changed hands
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

firewater88

Add me to that list too. I've been emailing them about a new snout since mine broke, still under warranty, and they have been slow at getting back to me. I got as far as approving an advanced return since I don't want to run without it. They would invoice me prior, then clear the invoice once I returned the defected one.
I have the early version,mone pre decal I guess.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

So Mdesigns position is that customers are liars until they prove that the part, which is completely useless on its own, is indeed defective?

What say you Mdesign?

jbrown9999

Damn!  I was just about to put an order in for one too.  Any input on whether the new model track record?
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

ZSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on August 24, 2017, 09:25:01 PM
Damn!  I was just about to put an order in for one too.  Any input on whether the new model track record?
IMHO I would hold off until further notice.
It boils down to customer service and support which there is lack of certainty at this point unless proven otherwise. Z

FearlessAZ

Just stay on top of them. Sometimes I had to send a couple emails to get a response. In the end, they did replace the part. I hate the saying but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Any pictures of the warped piece?

I am thinking it has to do with the plastic they are using. I know these pieces are 3D printed. Could very well be that the type of plastic they use doesn't hold up in the long run.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

irondoor19

Will be sending a Stronger Email in a Few, and will cause a stir
I believe that this is the older design
Really worried because the car has not been driven much
and also has been stored inside

So this is the Email i just Sent:

"Hate to be a Pain in the A, BUT I Not Feeling the Love from you guys,

I have Several Friends with SHO's that were ready to place orders for these

AND they say NOW ON HOLD, Pending a Response to this Problem....

I want this resolved ASAP, Even if i have to pay for One, SO lets get this Going"

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ZSHO

I will certainly try to reach out to Mdesign and report with any findings.
He has always done the right thing in the past but hoping him or his Co did not exchange hands .IDK. Z

I found the best correspondence @ MDesignSales@gmail.com