• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New wheels ordered - 22x9 and 22x10 custom from L&B Forged

Started by Lanson, August 04, 2013, 11:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanson

Thanks!

Yeah, they do look pretty good, definitely a unique looks that sets mine apart from any other in Vegas I think.

If I were doing it again, I'd probably go with a bit more simple spoke style just for weight concerns.

Also I think if done right, this wheel type would look good in a step-lip or maybe also a 20", perhaps with staggered 245/275's. 

Also down the road I might have the lips smoke-chromed for more contrast, and maybe the hardware redone with a color or neo-chrome multi-color.

They do look pretty darn spiffy as-is though.  Thanks for the props!  :)
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoPowerParts

I have to wonder if I could fit a 275/40/20 and 315/35/20 on those offsets/sizes.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Lanson

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 19, 2013, 11:09:37 PM
I have to wonder if I could fit a 275/40/20 and 315/35/20 on those offsets/sizes.

You would most likely strike the coilover/strut on the front (I'm clearing by a tiny nose-hair), and more importantly the rear just would never work, unless you can solve the rear brake line mount issue AND grab some extra wheel well space.

I'm definitely at the limits all around.  The sighs of relief as they went on were heard throughout the shop.

If I were daring I'd add a 1/2" lip to my front-facing barrels, but then I'd need to slam it to make that work out.  Still would have to stick with this tire size though.

If you are willing to poke out the front a bit, I think you can get 275 fronts though.  Just need lower offset to clear your coilovers. 
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Lanson on August 20, 2013, 12:20:14 AM

You would most likely strike the coilover/strut on the front (I'm clearing by a tiny nose-hair), and more importantly the rear just would never work, unless you can solve the rear brake line mount issue AND grab some extra wheel well space.

I'm definitely at the limits all around.  The sighs of relief as they went on were heard throughout the shop.

If I were daring I'd add a 1/2" lip to my front-facing barrels, but then I'd need to slam it to make that work out.  Still would have to stick with this tire size though.

If you are willing to poke out the front a bit, I think you can get 275 fronts though.  Just need lower offset to clear your coilovers. 
I left my camera in my flex when I dropped it off but I took pictures of the wheel/tire clearance to the front strut and it's about 3/4" according to the tape measure. That's with my existing wheels you researched and found the offset with 255/45/20's.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Lanson

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 20, 2013, 12:34:10 AM
Quote from: Lanson on August 20, 2013, 12:20:14 AM

I left my camera in my flex when I dropped it off but I took pictures of the wheel/tire clearance to the front strut and it's about 3/4" according to the tape measure. That's with my existing wheels you researched and found the offset with 255/45/20's.

Exactly right.  That's a 20x8.5", with about 19mm of clearance in your situation.  But that's with a 255.  A 275 is ~10mm wider per side, so now you're at 9mm.  Then, your offset of different than mine, which is where the rest goes.  I truly think you can do it but you'll need to poke your offset a bit.  +34ET with a 20x9, that's maybe going to work.  You know a wheel I've seen that does this (but I'm not sure it clears the brakes) is the XXR 526.  Not sure it would look good either, but dropped like yours is it probably would.

Let me just say though, that my 265/35-22 Toyos look AWESOME, and really nice and wide especially on that 10" rear.  It is a lot-lot of rubber, and I'm stoked.  A 275 is going to be awesome-sauce for sure.

Have you considered maybe making some front flares or some form of revised bumper?  Something that could cover the tire poke just a bit?

SHOdded

22"  rides better than the 18s???  The search for the holy grail is over :)  Looks good, Lanson!  Might think about Permachroming at some point?  I don't know about lowering tho.  Maybe if you have coilovers to get ride height adjustability (for show vs DD)?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jcl78

Looks really good man! The bigger the better on those Flex's.

EcoBrick Bob

Really like your wheels.  Go great with Black!

They look much like my 18" ASA Machine cut wheels.  Mesh looks good on Brick!

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.