• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MPG increase with Lower front air damn and HR Springs

Started by Macgyver, August 19, 2017, 02:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Just curious if you would see an increase in MPG from lowering the car and adding a front air damn lip. Fun discussion.

J-Will

No. You would need to test the car at sustained high speed for long durations before you'd see any benefit

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

jbrown9999

I drive 2000+ miles everything month right now for work so, I'd be damned interested if this would work!
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

Macgyver

IKR

.5 to 1 mpg at 75 mph is enough for me. Besides you get better handling and looks too.

I already know what my SHO can do at 75. 27mpg.

H&R lowers 1.5" according to people here. Add the rubber air damn thingy. Air around the car is better than under the car.

Would be a fun thing to track.

jbrown9999

2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

J-Will

Quote from: Macgyver on August 24, 2017, 11:40:01 PM
IKR

.5 to 1 mpg at 75 mph is enough for me. Besides you get better handling and looks too.

I already know what my SHO can do at 75. 27mpg.

H&R lowers 1.5" according to people here. Add the rubber air damn thingy. Air around the car is better than under the car.

Would be a fun thing to track.
That's now how it works. At low speeds, and 75 is low, the areodynamic form of the base structure of the car has the significant impact to wind resistance. Any 'gains' , such as a lip or spoiler will be offset by the weight they add.

Again, you'd have to see very high speeds for long durations to see any benefit from anything like this. You're essentially stuck with the effenciencies of the base structure of the vehicle.

Dropping gross weight would be of more real benefit than attempting to limit areo drag.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

StealBlueSho

Btw: there are a few guys on this forum with that lip kit... it looks really really good IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Just a fun discussion here.

Since some people have the H&R springs and some have the air damn. I was just curious if anyone noticed Highway miles going up.

Macgyver

Dropping gross weight would be of more real benefit than attempting to limit areo drag.

[/quote]

Losing Gross Weight on the SHO. LOL. Now thats funny ;-)