• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Jay Leno's Garage

Started by sholxgt, August 18, 2017, 02:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Ordered more Jay Leno's Garage car care products today.

On my first order I got their hand wax, spray wax, and spray detailer.  Impressed with all 3.  Here's my thoughts on each:

Hand Wax - goes on very smoothly.  Takes slightly longer than others I have used to cure, but it was also on a very humid day.  The wax made my wife's new black VW Golf shine!  I compared with the Meguiars Professional yellow wax and the JLG stuff has better shine.  Too early to say about durability.  This isn't up to the Zymol/Pinnacle type level of wax, but it was super easy to use and is 1/3 of the price.  I'd recommend it without hesitation for a daily.

Spray Wax - seems like a diluted version of the hand wax.  I used it on a test spot on the MKS next to a test spot of the hand wax and couldn't tell a difference.  I suspect the difference will only be in longevity.  I will use the spray wax as an after wash drying aid to put back some of the wax that I remove.  Haven't had a chance to test it this way yet.

Spray Detailer - my go to favorite has been Finish Fast for years.  It's just not easy to get and the shipping is kind of high.  I go through a LOT of spray detailer because I'm a touch up freak.  If I can avoid a full wash by staying on top of the mess, I do.  Spray detailer helps with this.  So far, I'm liking JLG spray detailer second best to Finish Fast.  I've used several Meguiars, Zymol, Mothers, Surf City Garage, Pinnacle, etc and, so far, JLG's is my second favorite.

Today I ordered one of their Garage Box Kits in XL.  I missed the opportunity the first time they offered it and I just got an email saying they have it available again.  Basically you give them money and they ship you misc stuff.  The XL kit includes a JLG wash bucket/grit guard and a shirt this time, so at least I know I'll get those items.  LOL  Hoping the rest of the box isn't filled with microfiber towels. 
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Can never have enough microfiber towels.  Costco variety or baby butt variety.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

I've been curious who makes JLG supplies, so I did a little snooping.

Got the tracking for my shipment and found it was coming from Louisville, CO.  I then searched to see what quality car care products are made there...

http://adamspolishes.com/

Not a disappointment.  They make quality stuff!  The packaging even looks similar.  I can tell the stuff isn't a direct re-label though since JLG's wax, detailer, etc are different colors.  Don't know if it's just a dye change or if Adam's is making completely different product for JLG.  Either way, I'm happy.  I knew that JLG would need some supplier to make their product and looks like they chose a quality partner.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Forgot to list what I ended up with in the Garage Box Kit...

1 - JLG t-shirt
1 - JLG wash bucket w/grit guard
2 - utility grade microfiber towels
2 - plush microfiber towels
2 - large foam yo-yo's
1 - liquid hand wax
1 - spray detailer
1 - interior detailer
1 - JLG keychain
1 - JLG hanging air freshner

So, not a bad package and the swag is cool. 

I'm looking forward to trying the interior detailer.  My go to has been Aerospace 303 for quite a while, but I can't bring myself to use it in the Lincoln.  Still use it in our other cars, but it's just too stinky to put in my nice leather scent Lincoln.  Been using Mother's VLR instead since it doesn't smell as bad, but it's only so-so.

Picked up a gamma seal lid at Lowe's to finish off the JLG wash bucket.  It's not a color match (only white at Lowe's), but the $7 price is hard to beat.

There's a 20% off and free shipping coupon code on Lenosgarage.com this weekend - "LaborDay" - in case anyone wants to pick anything up.  I'm curious about their car wash and wheel cleaner.  Might order this weekend.

I inquired about a paint sealant and was told that they are finalizing that product and to watch for it soon.  Would be nice it they bring it out in the next few days so I can use the coupon :)

SHOdded

Had you tried Adams Americana wax?

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on September 01, 2017, 10:48:33 AM
Had you tried Adams Americana wax?

Haven't tried that one.  Just looking at info and reviews it looks like it could be a paste version of the same thing.