• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dealer warranty?

Started by Gjkrisa, August 17, 2017, 02:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey gjkrisa did they think root cause was originally a bearing going or a cracked piston or ring?  You still running the Boostmax, if so what setting were you using when it went?  I know someone else mentioned it but curious if that was part of the equation.
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

Gjkrisa

Quote from: boostedflex on October 22, 2017, 11:29:45 AM
Hey gjkrisa did they think root cause was originally a bearing going or a cracked piston or ring?  You still running the Boostmax, if so what setting were you using when it went?  I know someone else mentioned it but curious if that was part of the equation.
It most likely was just a bad engine I did have the boostmax set to full but looking at the logs there was no sign of that being a bad decision except for maybe I like to manually down shift for engine breaking and I have read that somewhere on the forum that with a tune they shouldn't downshift from third to first manually because they had or were told it could damage the crankshaft  so that could be a factor.

I have not installed it again yet waiting to get the first oil change in since new engine that should be in two weeks need to make an appointment now for it.

Also still need to change ptu fluid and Install a catch can and would like to run a programmer in conjunction with the boostmax. So I can adjust boost on the fly but that maybe up to whatever tuner I go with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Gjkrisa on October 22, 2017, 08:52:25 PM
Quote from: boostedflex on October 22, 2017, 11:29:45 AM
It most likely was just a bad engine I did have the boostmax set to full but looking at the logs there was no sign of that being a bad decision except for maybe I like to manually down shift for engine breaking and I have read that somewhere on the forum that with a tune they shouldn't downshift from third to first manually because they had or were told it could damage the crankshaft  so that could be a factor.

I have not installed it again yet waiting to get the first oil change in since new engine that should be in two weeks need to make an appointment now for it.

Also still need to change ptu fluid and Install a catch can and would like to run a programmer in conjunction with the boostmax. So I can adjust boost on the fly but that maybe up to whatever tuner I go with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
don't risk it again man. get a legitimate tune instead of playing with fire with the boostmax. more performance . . more security. really a no brainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

boostedflex

That was why I was asking about the boost setting.  I have seen a few instances researching this where it seems you can overboost.   The specs call for up to five pounds of boost, but if stock we make 10.5 to 11 then 5 more pounds would overrun the map sensor.  Data logging I am guessing would only show 10 pounds-ish since the map is maxed (map is seeing 14.7 pounds and being being translated down to 9.7 pounds by the Boostmax). If I pull the trigger on one I am going to use the red chip which should put me at 2.5 pounds.
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs