• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

No Boost Ecoboost... Need help!

Started by Victorious Secret, August 15, 2017, 11:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: Victorious Secret on August 16, 2017, 03:00:38 PM
An I found this. My MDesign CAI inlet was broken least of my worries but thought I would share, MDesign will likely replace for free. Not sure how that happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
What's that loose 6mm hose behind the intake?
Due post some pics of he engine bay,thanks. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Victorious Secret

Either the meth pump or boost gauge boost reference hose. Disconnect and plugged the refrence coming off the EBC take sure the wasn't leaks between the two.

Here they are plugged back in.

Victorious Secret

Well time for a Sonic drink break then the rear turbo WG arm, thanks for all your inputs.

derfdog15

Quote from: Victorious Secret on August 16, 2017, 11:32:01 AM
Noooooo! Not what I wanted to hear derf! May be time for a billet   wheel and tial wastgates from EPP.  Hopefully they have a core in Stock. I leave town for about a month at the end of the month and don't want to leave her at home sick :(

Derf, by the way did you ever run a FORSCAN or any other device to possibly isolate the problem?

I never ran anything with forscan, just used my X4 to check for codes, and livelink to try and get logs. my issue was present with the stock tune and my AJP tune as well. In my case, I went to the track, after having some revisions done to the tune, and a few extra mods, hoping for a low 12's or magical 11's pass. previous best was a 12.87. So I expected atleast that. Ran a 12.9 on my first pass, and after that I could not get out of the high 13's/Low 14's(stock like performance). I noticed the boost gauge didnt seem to be at my commanded boost during one pass (commanded was between 15 and 16psi and it looked to be ~5PSI). Sent Brad the logs and went from there. I was kind of looking for an excuse to do upgraded turbos so the conclusion of either a turbo issue or wastegates didnt bother me too much, as it would have been a good excuse. I did notice my CAI was a bit loose during troubleshooting but that was really it. After a fresh cal download I could nail it and get to my peak boost command for a split second, at which point boost dropped off and it went into a more underboost like condition. I did talk to a local tuner/shop and they offered to diagnose but sadly I had to part ways with the SHO before that. It should be noted that in my case, I believe one of the turbos got damaged somehow, and the other was trying to work overtime to hit my commanded boost. My next step was going to be returning to stock entirely, and taking it  in to a dealership to try and get it fixed under warranty, and if it turned out to be turbos/wastegates then upgrade after. Note that my car had less than 16k on it at the time.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

Quote from: Victorious Secret on August 16, 2017, 02:57:31 PM
You all think it would hurt to disconnect the battery and spray connectors with electronic spray cleaner?
Certainly can't hurt at this point.  The "bricking" of a PCM usually happens when flashing, and that is a pretty massive event.  Maybe it IS just dirt or water in the connection ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Victorious Secret

Well, I have just about exhausted everything I can do and think the vehicle may need to go in for a professional diagnosis before I throw two new turbos at it. Below is a link to a video clip so that you all can hear what it sounds like.

https://youtu.be/OlVqgejMg3A

ZSHO

Have you ever checked or cleaned out your CAC(intercooler)?.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Quote from: ZSHO on August 16, 2017, 06:27:40 PM
Have you ever checked or cleaned out your CAC(intercooler)?......... hopefully its not plugged.  Z

Believe that was in his first post.

I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome and hope it's a simple fix covered under warranty!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on August 16, 2017, 06:27:40 PM
Have you ever checked or cleaned out your CAC(intercooler)?.Z

Yeah he mentioned that he did that early on but the problem is that the ecu is telling the wastegates to stay wide open and wgdc at 0%...so to me the problem starts way before the actual wastegates...they are just doing what they are told at this point....by why are they being told to do that?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

An exhaust restriction of some sort?  Was there any fuel being dumped into the cats at any point?

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Victorious Secret

Nope

SHOdded

Victorious Secret

Lots of good info on testing the turbocharging system

Victorious Secret

Think I've found the culprit. Does this look normal? Guess I can stop denying my turbos are bad.

The other question I have is would this obvious fault cause the symptoms the PCM is doing by keeping the wastegates at 0%?

sholxgt

Nope, not normal :(  Looks like at minimum the seal has gone bad.

How many miles on the car?  Any warranty by chance?

If not, I'd say it's time for a turbo upgrade :)

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106