• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hot pipes info, BOV options pros and cons

Started by jbeez, August 12, 2017, 04:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

What are the pros and cons of tial bov option vs factory?

I think im about to order a set in satin black powder coat with a 1/8 meth bung, curious on the difference there. I know these pipes take a bit to make so i want to get an order in asap so i can get back to normal operation

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

ZSHO

I just wanted to start off by saying the TIAL BOV is just a personal preference and is only pure "eye candy" and absolutely NO performance gains can be had with this Mod. 
PROS they do look damn "awesome".............CONS reverting back to stock is a bit of a pain for any unexpected warranty repair.

FWIW for future reference its always a great idea to save your original parts just in case a dealer visit is warranted. Z

Pics below of my Full Race Tial BOV.

[Courtesy of Ecopowerparts]
http://youtu.be/lYO3XFt0bZU

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jbeez

My thinking is, if my factory bovs are an issue, getting the tial BOV eliminates that as a potential problem. Is it true if i even pick factory bov option that i still have to vent to atmosphere anyway?

K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

ZSHO

Quote from: jbeez on August 12, 2017, 07:25:22 PM
My thinking is, if my factory bovs are an issue, getting the tial BOV eliminates that as a potential problem. Is it true if i even pick factory bov option that i still have to vent to atmosphere anyway?

If you pick factory BOV option you will need to VTA IIRC and then cap the BOV Recirc hose inlet but please verify prior to ordering.

Here is a very good "How To" explanation by BiGMaC.  Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2248.msg32460#msg32460

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jbeez

So, my hot pipes should be here in a few days, I just got tracking. This leaves me with a few questions.

1) What hardware do I need to both plumb the TiAL vacuum line in, and also be able to return that to stock configuration if I need to. Hose sizes/length, barb fittings etc.
2) Where do I plumb that into?
3) Where can I get a plug to close the meth bung hole, ordered with it because I plan on installing meth when everything is 100%, but I'm not there yet.
4) Do I just unplug factory BOVs and leave the electrical connectors hanging unplugged, or do the factory BOV's need to be connected to the electrical connectors and zip tied upto something in the engine bay?

ZSHO

I'm actually on my phone and will supply you with some pics soon so no worries. Z
I would recommend you tapping before the check valve,pics below of the two areas you can tap into for vacuum reference. Z

1)-5ft -(1/4-6mm ID) air/vacuum hose (Preferably braided Hose is what I use.
2)-3/8 X 3/8 X 1/4 Brass Tee barb spliced into the brake booster line for vacuum reference.

3)-Remove,disconnect the Front BOV completely while leaving the rear BOV plugged in so it does not set off a cel.

I recommend using some zip- ties to hold the BOV in place.
assortment of mini hose clamps 11-13 mm or larger.
1 inch silicone end caps.

Vacuum Line Kit $14.50

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg-warner-efr/efr-components/vacuum-line-kit/

jbeez

Quote from: ZSHO on August 19, 2017, 07:08:10 AM
I'm actually on my phone and will supply you with some pics soon so no worries. Z
I would recommend you tapping before the check valve,pics below of the two areas you can tap into for vacuum reference. Z

2)-3/8 X 3/8 X 1/4 Brass Tee barb spliced into the brake booster line for vacuum reference.

3)-Remove,disconnect the Front BOV completely while leaving the rear BOV plugged in so it does not set off a cel.

Vacuum Line Kit $14.50

Do you have that kit you linked? They don't seem to have a parts list, just see 2 t fittings possibly diff sizes. Thanks for all the assistance Z.

Is that line only under vacuum or ever under boost?

ZSHO

BoostfoSHO

Vacuum Line Kit $14.50

Hey is the rear BOV only necessary to leave plugged in incase you're not tuned for the CEL?

I'm trading in my factory pipes with both BOV's for EPP hot pipes with Tial BOV. Do i need to keep my rear BOV?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 26, 2017, 05:32:41 PM

Vacuum Line Kit $14.50

Hey is the rear BOV only necessary to leave plugged in incase you're not tuned for the CEL?

I'm trading in my factory pipes with both BOV's for EPP hot pipes with Tial BOV. Do i need to keep my rear BOV?

@ BoostfoSHO only keep the Rear BOV plugged in and you should be Golden.  Z

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on November 26, 2017, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 26, 2017, 05:32:41 PM

Vacuum Line Kit $14.50

@ BoostfoSHO only keep the Rear BOV plugged in and you should be Golden.  Z
So I have to keep the rear BOV then? Cause I was gonna send the pipe with both BOV's
Everything in the picture below.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

ZSHO

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on November 26, 2017, 05:53:15 PM
BoostfoSHO you will need to purchase a air duct valve.  Z
$76.00
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-air-duct-valve-aa5z9u465a/?c=Zz1jb29saW5nLXN5c3RlbSZzPWludGVyY29vbGVyJmk9S0QwOTA2MzUmcj1sYXllcl8xMiZhPWZvcmQmbz10YXVydXMmeT0yMDE1JnQ9c2hvJmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM%3D
I just confirmed with the guy I'm trading parts with and he's sending his rear BOV that he's has zip tied and I'll send him mine. I just panicked for a bit lol. Thank you for the fast responses .

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 26, 2017, 05:54:31 PM
$76.00
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-air-duct-valve-aa5z9u465a/?c=Zz1jb29saW5nLXN5c3RlbSZzPWludGVyY29vbGVyJmk9S0QwOTA2MzUmcj1sYXllcl8xMiZhPWZvcmQmbz10YXVydXMmeT0yMDE1JnQ9c2hvJmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM%3D
I just confirmed with the guy I'm trading parts with and he's sending his rear BOV that he's has zip tied and I'll send him mine. I just panicked for a bit lol. Thank you for the fast responses .

15 SHO Correct? update your signature @ your earliest convenience. Thanks. Z

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on November 26, 2017, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 26, 2017, 05:54:31 PM
$76.00

15 SHO Correct? update your signature @ your earliest convenience. Thanks. Z
Yes 15 SHO
I thought it did update it. I guess I forgot MY

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...