• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ol Trusty Warranty

Started by FearlessAZ, August 11, 2017, 11:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

As a couple people know, the SHOFEAR has been at the dealership for the last couple weeks to take care of a few warranty issues.

It all started a few weeks ago when I loaded a new tune and the car just felt like it had no go in it. Thought nothing of it. Came out from work, started it up and noticed there wasn't the usual quick start up rattle. Thought it was weird. As soon as that thought crossed my mind, noticed that I had a weird idle rattle now along with a rough idle. I checked to see if there were any codes and got a P0011 and P0021 code (timing chain/cam phasers) but no CEL. I loaded the previous tune thinking maybe that would help. Same deal. I realized it was time to get my warranty issues taken care of at this point.

On top of the recent engine codes and power, my passenger seat air bladders were all out of wack and my rear sun shade was stuck up. I had talked to my warranty company previously about the seats and they mentioned it should be covered. Never talked to them about the sun shade though.

Couple days of diagnosing later, I get a call from the dealership saying they couldn't find the P0011 and P0021 code (Cleared them when I returned everything to stock) but was getting a P0299 (underboost) code. Thought that was odd and I chalked it up to forgetting to take a hose clamp off the MDesign intake to put back on the stock one.

They finally came to the conclusion that my right turbo was shot and that was what was causing loss of power. I had a hard time believing it so I drove down there to check everything out. Sure enough, looked like one of the blades was missing fin and I guess the seal was blown or something like that. They recommended that both be replaced under warranty. Wasn't hardly anything wrong with the left one but the tech did me a solid and said that the left one was under way more strain due to the issues with the right. Wasn't going to argue at all about a new set of turbos.

They aslo determined that that my other codes were due to the cam phasers going out. New phasers and timing chain all taken care of.

My warranty has a thing where if the total costs are over $1500 (I was way over that) that they have to send someone out just to verify there is no fraud. This rep went ahead and OKed the new lumbar support system in the passenger seat, the 2 new turbos and the timing chain/ phasers. They gave me a no go on the shade though because they said it was warped and that was causing the issue.  Not sure how that is possible. Dealership couldn't show me how it was warped and no notes or anything from the warranty company except their word.

I also figured that I might as well get the strategy code updated and the water pump replaced while they were in there. Neither under warranty but figured why not why it was there.

I should be getting the car back today and hope she will feel as good as new. Just thought I would share about the goodies and the work that is getting done.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ZSHO

That's certainly a Tall order of parts and labor and thankfully the ESP got you covered for the most part ! How many miles?
I would say it's very common for aftermarket warranty Co to send out an inspector especially when exceeding a certain amount.
Best of luck and keep us updated. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Definitely got your money's worth out of that warranty.
I wish my sunshade would stick up LOL.
I hate listening to that thing go down every time I go into reverse.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FearlessAZ

I believe she is at 81k right now.

With just what the warranty is covering, they told me it was about $9500. The sunshade is another $1500. I am just baffled about how it is warped.

I just leave it up because 90% of the time it will go down then bump right out. I don't mind during the summer time to block some of the AZ sun but kind of a pain at night.

Definitely got my money's worth out of it. Can't complain about new turbos either.

SHOdded

Nice to hear of a customer being treated right.  Enjoy!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Wow. What warranty company did you use ?

FearlessAZ

Quote from: Macgyver on August 11, 2017, 03:41:53 PM
Wow. What warranty company did you use ?

Vision warranty. Was offered through my credit union when everything was financed. My only complaint was that my warranty doesn't cover nuts, bolts and washers. That totaled up to a couple hundred out of my pocket.

http://www.visionwarranty.net/

Macgyver

Well with that cost and the warranty cost. You are way ahead.