• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

why no datalog with livernoise, and hows unleashed work?

Started by HuskerSHO, August 08, 2017, 06:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuskerSHO

1. why does livernoise not require datalogging and unleashed does? it just seems odd that one requires adjustment and the other doesnt and no one has had issues with either from what im finding...

2. can you use a SCT X4 programmer with livernoise tunes or do you have to use their mycal thing?

3. I dont use PC for anything, I have an Iphone, and 2 apple computers...am I screwed if I need to hook it up to a computer? do both tuners (livernoise and unleashed) require this, or can I use a mac to datalog with either of them...

4. will livernoise "datalog" or adjust a tune for you if you dyno it or something for them?

5. my car has 1200 miles right now, I bought it a week ago...is there a break in time frame I need to respect? whats the norms for this...

am I missing something I'm forgetting to ask based on these questions...
16 loaded SHO no pp, no performance mods yet all ascetics at this point.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: HuskerSHO on August 08, 2017, 06:55:39 PM
1. why does livernoise not require datalogging and unleashed does? it just seems odd that one requires adjustment and the other doesnt and no one has had issues with either from what im finding...

2. can you use a SCT X4 programmer with livernoise tunes or do you have to use their mycal thing?

3. I dont use PC for anything, I have an Iphone, and 2 apple computers...am I screwed if I need to hook it up to a computer? do both tuners (livernoise and unleashed) require this, or can I use a mac to datalog with either of them...

4. will livernoise "datalog" or adjust a tune for you if you dyno it or something for them?

5. my car has 1200 miles right now, I bought it a week ago...is there a break in time frame I need to respect? whats the norms for this...

am I missing something I'm forgetting to ask based on these questions...

1: LMS claims if you know how to tune this car you don't need to datalog. Thus far, SCT tuned cars vs LMS run similar times unless you add meth or E85 mixes...then you need a dyno from LMS to get the benefit with their tunes.

2: LMS requires their tuning hardware. You cannot use SCT with LMS

3: You will need a PC with SCT... you can request LMS preload the tunes on their device before Shipping out. But to get updates you will need a PC.

4: LMS will make small adjustment such as shift pressure. They will not make adjustments to boost and timing etc without being on their dyno. They will not accept datalogs or other people's dynos to make adjustments.

5: I would wait until at least your first oil change at a minimum... that break in oil does a lot of good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk