• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CTS-V restoration and build!

Started by ShoBoat, August 07, 2017, 10:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

I have noticed that with mine, the traction control is a bit weird. In stock form it will spin for days. I can't imagine with 700hp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

StealBlueSho

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 11, 2017, 11:32:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvN30d3W0E

If I didn't have traction control on this asphalt road I would have just spun for days, with it on it pulls timing when it sees slip between the front and rear wheels until the slip stops.
It also has wideband O2 and corrective fueling, the factory ECU is basically a dinosaur and has narrow band open loop operation, pure shite if you run into any issues. :)

That really surprises me that they are using only narrow bands....

EcoPowerParts

Everything in the V was a step down in functionality from the Flex, bluetooth audio streaming, voice activated commands, navigation, ECU functionality.
BUT it runs 10's with "minimal" mods, probably even easier for you if you have good weather track compared to my shitty AZ air.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

StealBlueSho

If I had the money... maybe I should return the Megan stuff ;-)

ShoBoat

It also will do the Nurburgring in under 8 min :) but you are right, the infotainment system is abysmal. There is a plug and play kit for the head unit and ProEFI for the ecu as you stated.

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

lamrith

The features of the infotainment may be antiquated, but the audio quality is most certainly not.  My even older STSV had even less features but the sound quality was night and day better than the taurus.  Better overall rid qualty too.  Still tight, but more supple on everyday rough roads, the Taurus almost seems tin can feeling on rough roads in comparison and is same approx vehicle weight.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ShoBoat

Hence re reason I replaced all the speakers and amps in my SHO :) agreed on the ride too. It's a very different car. There were roads I would avoid in my SHO that aren't so bad in the V. Still the SHO was one of my favourite cars I have ever owned. I miss my multi-contoured seats lol. 

StealBlueSho

There is a pretty big delta on price between the two lol...

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 12, 2017, 05:12:50 PM
There is a pretty big delta on price between the two lol...

Between the ctsv and the SHO yeah huge price disparity.  But the STSV is actually less $ used than a sho.  They are a real unknown cheap luxury performance car.  The STSV sound system blows the SHO away too.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

sholxgt

Wonder how my MKS THX sound system compares?

To be fair...  Ford = Chevy.  Lincoln = Cadillac.

I only chimed in because this struck a nerve.  I've owned several high end GM's and been very disappointed with the sound quality compared to Lincolns.  The new Continental even gets rave reviews as having one of the best audio systems in the entire world.  Never heard that from any review of anything made by GM.

Every Boss system I have had/heard (Escalade, C5, Olds Aurora, etc) were boomy and lacked sound quality.

Also to be fair, I test drove a SHO with the Sony system and one of the reasons I didn't purchase the car was need for audio upgrade.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ShoBoat

My 2007 Mark LT had the best OEM stereo hands down. Even had a 10" under the rear seat.

sholxgt

Quote from: ShoBoat on August 12, 2017, 10:39:27 PM
My 2007 Mark LT had the best OEM stereo hands down. Even had a 10" under the rear seat.

Now that's a rare vehicle!!!

Always liked those.  A truck wearing a tuxedo.

Edited to add...a good or bad sound system would not make a difference for me when buying a CTS-V.  I see those as a killer chassis waiting for even better things.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

lamrith

Quote from: sholxgt on August 12, 2017, 10:47:11 PM

Edited to add...a good or bad sound system would not make a difference for me when buying a CTS-V.  I see those as a killer chassis waiting for even better things.
Yeah I was trying to upgrade from STSV to CTSV but prices out here are crazy for them still.  Then a buddy mentioned the SHO and I researched them a bit and bought 1st one I could.

ShoBoat

Quote from: sholxgt on August 12, 2017, 10:47:11 PM

It was like driving around in your living room lol, the most comfortable car/truck I ever owned.