• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CTS-V restoration and build!

Started by ShoBoat, August 07, 2017, 10:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

So as most of you know I traded my SHO a little while back. I have some stuff in mind for the V. It's a Pearl White 2012 40k km, only option it doesn't have is the Recaros.

Got down to business right away,
Full led treatment, paint correction, polished all the interior trim pieces, rear diff fluid change and replaced the foam in the drivers seat. The drivers seat was in really messed up.... the leather was decent but foam was deformed and was killing my back.

Next on my list is to get the wheels redone, intake, and upgrade the stereo. Tune, pulley and exhaust will wait for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

StealBlueSho

Nice!! What are you using for color correction?

ShoBoat

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 07, 2017, 10:34:36 PM
Nice!! What are you using for color correction?

Adams 2 step correction. Thanks!

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

The V is in good hands!  Where did you find the foam for the driver's seat?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

boosted4SHO

Congrats and nice car! I sold my white diamond '09 CTS-V right before I took ownership of my '11 SHO. They are excellent cars! I was sad to let mine go but I'm very happy with the SHO. Here's a pic of mine before I sold it:

CW III
2011 non-PP SHO - tuxedo black
custom CAI w/Green Filter, SP534's @ .030, JLT catch can, switchback LED's, 20x8.5 +35 Ruff 959
in the works...

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOdded on August 08, 2017, 12:17:25 AM
The V is in good hands!  Where did you find the foam for the driver's seat?

Got it from the local dealer.

Agentlongwood

Is that a seat cover on the driver's seat?  It looks different than the passenger side.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ShoBoat

Quote from: Agentlongwood on August 08, 2017, 08:55:03 AM
Is that a seat cover on the driver's seat?  It looks different than the passenger side.

Good eye! Yes I had that for a bit before I fixed the seat.

EcoPowerParts

I have a bit of experience with those.... :P
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 08, 2017, 05:04:31 PM
I have a bit of experience with those....
Ha! That's an understatement. Lol.

Vrooom vrooom.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ShoBoat

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 08, 2017, 05:04:31 PM
I have a bit of experience with those.... :P

I might tap into that fountain of knowledge if you don't mind at some point.

EcoPowerParts

No worries, I definitely took the car well beyond reliability, street functionality and driveability. I know where that sweet spot is now. :)
Do you have E85 locally?

This video, if hindsight were 20/20 is where I would have stopped except for the addition of the ProEFI ECU which makes the car useable on the street on street tires due to amazing traction control.
In the video is my mods, notice still stock cam, most I'd do would be the LS9 cam and keep it mild, once I did my cam is when all kinds of non-stock behaviors started happening. Also beyond around ~700WHP is where you have zero traction until like 80MPH on street tires, rain and the car is a death machine without the ProEFI.
http://youtu.be/__LgnXA9j_Q

I may have been going to that track for awhile..... :D
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

StealBlueSho

Wow......

ShoBoat

Wow indeed lol, what's with the ProEFI? How does it improve drive ability on the street?

EcoPowerParts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvN30d3W0E

If I didn't have traction control on this asphalt road I would have just spun for days, with it on it pulls timing when it sees slip between the front and rear wheels until the slip stops.
It also has wideband O2 and corrective fueling, the factory ECU is basically a dinosaur and has narrow band open loop operation, pure shite if you run into any issues. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -