• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan 2010 SHO Coilovers

Started by StealBlueSho, August 06, 2017, 04:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Couple questions before I throw them in...

1: What settings are you guys using? I would like to maintain as close as possible to stock ride height and rake. I don't like lowering my car. It's the dampening I am more concerned about. My front is coming up to much at the track.

2: Camber bolts... do I need one set or two? I have seen posts where guys are buying 2 sets.

TIA!!! There are a lot of posts about this, but hoping to hear from guys who have tracked these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I've only heard good things about the Megan's and I'm sure others will chime in to give you some feedback. Z
I know bpd1151and SHOnUup have them along with the Powergrids.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SkinnyTick

I ordered Megans to even out the rake and for the adjustable dampening.

Lowered 5/8" in the front and 1-5/8 in the rear.

The front camber was within spec so the tech did not touch it.
For the back, I installed the 84130 camber bolts. I don't know if I needed them but I didn't want to come back a week later so that it could be aligned correctly.

As for dampening: 1 = hardest 15=softest

First I had it set to 7, this seemed a touch harsher than the stock PP. Went to 9 and feels a touch softer than stock.

Only have had them installed for 2 weeks and don't track the car so can't help too much on setting up for the strip but if you have any question hit me up. :)
2013 SHO PP
Sterling Grey Metallic
Megan Coilovers | MDesign Intake | Catted PPE Downpipes | VTA
Summer Shoes: Silver Drag DR37 20X8.5 38MM with General Gmax AS05 255/45R20
Winter Shoes: Anthracite Sport ST7 18X8 35MM with Blizzak DMV2 235/60R18

bpd1151

I believe you may have that backwards SkinnyTick.

The attached image, is directly from the Megan Coilover kit I installed way back in 2014.

Yes, I have the 32 way adjustment set of coils (since discontinued by Megan due to lack of sales). I understand that their only current offerings are the 15 way adjustable. So please verify the info you have posted is accurate for the 15 way kit.

Either way, at the top of each coil over, is a dial that illustrates which direction to spin, to gain desired settings.

Harder - One would spin clockwise (to the right) The LOWER the numerical value, the HARDER.

Softer - One would spin counterclockwise (to the left). The HIGHER the numerical value, the SOFTER.

Now with that out of the way.... my own personal settings at the track have typically been with a 1 in the rear, and a 5, or even a 6 up front.

Street use.... usually a 12 in the rear, and an 18 up front.

Ultimately, the settings one choose, is completely left up to the end user, but those are mine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 07, 2017, 04:17:04 PM
I believe you may have that backwards SkinnyTick.

The attached image, is directly from the Megan Coilover kit I installed way back in 2014.

Yes, I have the 32 way adjustment set of coils (since discontinued by Megan due to lack of sales). I understand that their only current offerings are the 15 way adjustable. So please verify the info you have posted is accurate for the 15 way kit.

Either way, at the top of each coil over, is a dial that illustrates which direction to spin, to gain desired settings.

Harder - One would spin clockwise (to the right) The LOWER the numerical value, the HARDER.

Softer - One would spin counterclockwise (to the left). The HIGHER the numerical value, the SOFTER.

Now with that out of the way.... my own personal settings at the track have typically been with a 1 in the rear, and a 5, or even a 6 up front.

Street use.... usually a 12 in the rear, and an 18 up front.

Ultimately, the settings one choose, is completely left up to the end user, but those are mine.

Thank you Mike. I am trying to alleviate the amount travel the front end has at the track coming out of the hole. This will also assist in keeping traction on my hotter tunes as well.

bpd1151

No problem.

Limiting that squat in the rear, will drastically reduce what lift you get in the front. Thus why I roll with the hardest setting possible in the rear.

And that lift in the front is hella cray cray when rolling with an OEM setup. Seriously though.

As I've always said, the H&R's help tremendously (vs. OEM) & commensurately, the Megan's are THAT MUCH better (vs. the H&R's).

You should enjoy them. I have. A LOT.

StealBlueSho

I wonder how they handle with the height adjustment close to stock. I am not looking to lower it much if any... and I don't autox it...

SkinnyTick

LOL Thanks Mike for catching my mistake, will correct my first post.

Checked my instructions and they match your instructions.

I have a question of my own that may be out of the box...

Should adjustable end links be installed and can they be adjusted to add pre-load to the sway bars to aid in traction?
2013 SHO PP
Sterling Grey Metallic
Megan Coilovers | MDesign Intake | Catted PPE Downpipes | VTA
Summer Shoes: Silver Drag DR37 20X8.5 38MM with General Gmax AS05 255/45R20
Winter Shoes: Anthracite Sport ST7 18X8 35MM with Blizzak DMV2 235/60R18

bpd1151

Quote from: SkinnyTick on August 07, 2017, 08:55:51 PM
LOL Thanks Mike for catching my mistake, will correct my first post.

Checked my instructions and they match your instructions.

I have a question of my own that may be out of the box...

Should adjustable end links be installed and can they be adjusted to add pre-load to the sway bars to aid in traction?
No worries. Things change, and I don't own a set of the 15 ways, so always desiring accurate info to be posted, just wanted 'ya to double check. All good my friend.

Answering your question regarding the adjustable end links.....

Yes, by employing those, one CAN pre-load the sways as desired. This is best done by having the car "corner balanced".

It's a little pricey to have done (last I checked, it was in the $700-$800 range) but obviously worth its weight so to speak, as it can really dial in one's car accordingly.

EcoPowerParts

Great feedback, you guys know better than I do, I'm old and have forgotten. Thanks BPD and others.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 07, 2017, 04:17:04 PM

Funny... my 15 way adjustable came with the exact same instructions you posted... apparently it's not worth the paper to change it from 32 way dampening to 15 way dampening... lol

sholxgt

"Anftactuosity."  Learned a new word today.  Thanks!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Brucelinc

Quote from: sholxgt on August 12, 2017, 10:20:46 PM

Any company that uses a word like that must have some brilliant employees.   I would have been impressed if they had just said "good for twisty roads."

StealBlueSho

Quote from: sholxgt on August 12, 2017, 10:20:46 PM

Lol use it in sentence without using google! :-P