• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

T/c not working

Started by Twol8uluz, August 06, 2017, 04:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twol8uluz

Hey new guy first of all. We have a 2013 sho non pp (green if you were interested). So ever since weve had the car the t/c button has done nothing...nothing on the dash, no difference in traction...nothing!! So ive checked the fuse and made sure the switch is actually plugged in and everything checks out. Cant find anything online so im coming to you guys. Is there a module of some sort i should check and replace? Is it connected to the abs somehow? Plz help

ZSHO

Welcome aboard Twol8uluz!  When did you p/up this rare gem green SHO of yours?
I don't think you have the ability to fully disengage-turn off the T/C feature on the NON-PP! IIRC.
Do you have any pics to share? thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Welcome aboard, an introductory post is warranted :)
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

There SHOULD be an indicator on the dash when the T/C is turned on/off  Looks like a car with skidmarks

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Twol8uluz

Zsho- yeah i understand that. But when you push the button i should see the traction control light come up on the dash. What i mean is i believe my tc is malfunctioning and not working at all. I cannot turn it off, on ...nothing!! I get no light on the dash indicating its been turned off or on. The dash light works because it turns on upon startup.

ZSHO

Ah okay!! I was curious if yours is a Job 1 earlier build SHO ?
I thought the non-PP SHO can only be disabled the T/C in the menu on the dash in the 2013 car.
Is there a button to push in the center console area?? Z
Any pics of the console area?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Twol8uluz

Yeah thats what has me stumped. Im fully aware how to operate the tc. But mine isnt functioning AT ALL!! Lol i believe theres a module of some sort that may have malfunctioned or theres a fault in the abs system that has potentially disabled the tc system as a safety precaution. Yet i dont have any warning lights or messages on the dash that would let me know that something is wrong. Im stumped.......