• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is there ANY WAY to replace this...

Started by zstring, December 20, 2016, 11:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Usually I see starter issues in cars as south as Arizona, Texas, etc. where it is hotter than h***.  I would think it is the battery first TBH.  Easiest way to check is with a device like a Solar BA7 that will check voltage and CCAs for you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

zstring

turns out it IS the starter... had my father bang on it while i kept pushing the start/stop... was about to give up (10-15sec in) when, BAM! Excited as heck that it started, ran VERY rough for a while, white smoke everywhere, but that is kinda understandable, since i sprayed a lot of stuff while i was working on it... but now CEL is on, and it just isn't pulling the way it's supposed to... so i am gonna check codes and pray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🎶🎶"Music is the space between the notes" 🎶🎶

SHOdded

Progress!  Probably just needs some breakin time ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!