• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

went to the track yesterday not happy!

Started by Ecentballer, May 20, 2017, 11:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: jims2015 on June 03, 2017, 02:20:13 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on June 03, 2017, 12:06:29 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on June 03, 2017, 11:47:55 AM
I guess I am going to have to invest in an SCT device and work with Brad on my Continental.   I have been so patient with LMS and already have their MyCal but it doesn't look like there will be a tune from them anytime soon.   When I reached out to Torrie, his response was "contact SCT."   His response was fast, though.  :)

Sounds like what happened to me. I bought my 2015 sho in the summer of 2014. I contacted Torrie about if a tune was available for this new a car and he assured me it was ok. It wasn't. SCT didn't have the calibration in their database for a 2015 yet so I sit with the sct tuner I purchased from Torrie but no tunes. Torrie had me contact SCT who told me it could be up to 6 months before they have the calibrations. The next day LMS had a MyCal at my door overnight with a tune for my car already loaded. Torrie didn't offer me a refund so I had to sell the unused sct for a loss.

Im sorry that happened to you...sometimes is the problem the people you deal with...your case is strange and i also think you spoke to someone that was not very knowledgeable at sct.....crazy how torrie wouldnt accept the device...i wouldve eaten it...and i would call sct personally....but adding a strategy is a simple process that usually takes a week or two especially since it was a sho and they already exist...it really didnt have anything to do with your car being new but rather the wrong people were involved in your process...oh well your loss was anothers gain
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

jims2015

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 03, 2017, 04:46:54 PM
Quote from: jims2015 on June 03, 2017, 02:20:13 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on June 03, 2017, 12:06:29 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on June 03, 2017, 11:47:55 AM
I guess I am going to have to invest in an SCT device and work with Brad on my Continental.   I have been so patient with LMS and already have their MyCal but it doesn't look like there will be a tune from them anytime soon.   When I reached out to Torrie, his response was "contact SCT."   His response was fast, though.  :)

Sounds like what happened to me. I bought my 2015 sho in the summer of 2014. I contacted Torrie about if a tune was available for this new a car and he assured me it was ok. It wasn't. SCT didn't have the calibration in their database for a 2015 yet so I sit with the sct tuner I purchased from Torrie but no tunes. Torrie had me contact SCT who told me it could be up to 6 months before they have the calibrations. The next day LMS had a MyCal at my door overnight with a tune for my car already loaded. Torrie didn't offer me a refund so I had to sell the unused sct for a loss.

Im sorry that happened to you...sometimes is the problem the people you deal with...your case is strange and i also think you spoke to someone that was not very knowledgeable at sct.....crazy how torrie wouldnt accept the device...i wouldve eaten it...and i would call sct personally....but adding a strategy is a simple process that usually takes a week or two especially since it was a sho and they already exist...it really didnt have anything to do with your car being new but rather the wrong people were involved in your process...oh well your loss was anothers gain

I found it strange that Torrie had me contacting sct since I bought the tuner from unleashed but I did and it was sct that told me it could be up to 6 months to get the calibration. But it's water under the bridge and LMS did me right and I've had work done at their shop a couple times now include the AlkyControl and dyno tune. So everything ended good.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

f8tlSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on June 03, 2017, 01:56:53 PM
On topic, I ran at Woodburn yesterday 19 times in under 4 hours since fixing my boost hoses.   Best Run of night was 13.02 then was 13.2x all night long for another 10 runs beacuse  my iat2 temps were 140-ish..and a few slower when I was experimenting with launches.

Da was 1100-1300 for the evening...

So when looking at your times remember you need to correct for DA in addition to getting a dataLog. 

Correcting for DA my 13.2 drops to a approximately 12.9x
You need e30 man!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

TopherSho

Quote from: f8tlSHO on July 17, 2017, 08:47:39 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on June 03, 2017, 01:56:53 PM
On topic, I ran at Woodburn yesterday 19 times in under 4 hours since fixing my boost hoses.   Best Run of night was 13.02 then was 13.2x all night long for another 10 runs beacuse  my iat2 temps were 140-ish..and a few slower when I was experimenting with launches.

Da was 1100-1300 for the evening...

So when looking at your times remember you need to correct for DA in addition to getting a dataLog. 

Correcting for DA my 13.2 drops to a approximately 12.9x
You need e30 man!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do,  but it is such a pain in the ass in Oregon.  We cant pump our own so it some mindless ding-hole fills me with E im hosed and have to granny drive it all off.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Rich196

Quote from: Ecentballer on May 20, 2017, 11:13:44 AM
i have a 2013 SHO non pp took it to the track last night and ran a 13.24 at 105 mph (best time)(70 degrees out side temp) my mods are colder gapped ngk pluggs, 170 tstat , drop in k&n, 93 oct tune from torrie, 3 bar. i was impressed but "not impressed" i was thinking with all this done i would at least break into the 12s range. what else do you think i need to do, i contacted torrie and he said i need to data log and submit. i guess ill give that a try but i was still thinking i should be in the 12's. and thoughts guys?

There are a lot of things to consider, dont get disapointed, Torrie is the "BEST" (IMO) granted I have mod's, everything is still OEM, Turbo's etc. I worked a lot with Torrie logging and tuning. Like it was mentioned, Torrie is only gonna go a little at a time, and that's the "RIGHT" way to do it. Take a look at my time slip in my signature, I ran a 12.14 with a head wind, and I weigh 260LBS, and didnt have my Corsa exhaust system on the car yet. I never took it back since, but I'm going to be getting the new fuel injector's soon from Torrie, and then tune it over with the new Mod's, and I'm positive, it will be in the 11's.

SHOOT, I FORGOT ABOUT THE NEW PHOTOBUCKET RULES. ONCE I GET IN TO MY ACCT. I WILL GET THE PIC. VIEWING AGAIN, BUT HERE IS MY INFO WHEN I MADE THE RUN.   

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP, K&N Intake, PPE catted. downpipes, AIS water/meth kit (trunk mounted) ,H&R lowering springs,170 stat, 3-bar sensor, TORRIE UNLEASHED TUNED !!!  12.14 @116mph. Stay tuned for the 11's (with stock turbo's)................

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP, K&N Intake, PPE catted. downpipes, AIS water/meth kit (trunk mounted) ,H&R lowering springs,170 stat, 3-bar sensor, TORRIE UNLEASHED TUNED !!!  12.14 @116mph. Stay tuned for the 11's (with stock turbo's)................