• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kenne Belle Dyno Test Variables

Started by FoMoCoSHO, August 02, 2017, 12:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

Dang thats a lot of variables. I always preferred using the same dyno at the same shop with it temps similar when testing the benefits of new mods. My 2000 GT stang made 642 at the wheels with a Kenne Bell. Fully built engine TKO teams 355 rear gear Eaton carrier oh man that was sick fun ;)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

FoMoCoSHO

Finding a shop with an AWD dyno is hard enough, I suspect finding one with well trained operators would equate to finding a unicorn.

These numbers for virtual dyno have been all over the place depending on the logs. If I remove smoothing then the numbers, especially down low where all the torque hits, gets to scary territory. So for now I'm pretty skeptical of this program. I think we've got some work to do eliminating variables (weight, same pids/dmrs, etc).

I haven't kept up with where they are at with the process but SAE has proposed that all ECM's implement torque reporting that has to match a dyno reading so hopefully this will become much easier.

With our torque based ECU, it has to calculate torque accurately, the challenge is figuring out which PID is the data we are looking for.

There is also a vehicle acceleration rate pid which I think might generate some good comparisons if more of us utilized it.