• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sync Bluetooth failure

Started by BBOX, August 01, 2017, 07:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBOX

Has anyone experienced Bluetooth failure? I have a 2010 with THX, this past Sunday I noticed my phone failed to connect like it usually does and when attempted to connect it, I receive an on screen message of "Bluetooth is off, would you like to turn it on?" I've tried responding yes to that message, turning it on through the advanced settings menu, turning the car off and restarting it and doing everything again to no avail. I'm concerned the Bluetooth unit has failed and was wondering if anyone else had dealt with replacing it.

Hotrod Lincoln

Quote from: BBOX on August 01, 2017, 07:19:58 PM
Has anyone experienced Bluetooth failure? I have a 2010 with THX, this past Sunday I noticed my phone failed to connect like it usually does and when attempted to connect it, I receive an on screen message of "Bluetooth is off, would you like to turn it on?" I've tried responding yes to that message, turning it on through the advanced settings menu, turning the car off and restarting it and doing everything again to no avail. I'm concerned the Bluetooth unit has failed and was wondering if anyone else had dealt with replacing it.

Mine did the same thing. I just shut car off and restarted. It connected just fine after that.
2011 MKS 81K Miles

ZSHO

Did you try removing the ground on the battery terminal for 1 minute and that will cause the APIM to reboot(bring up the Sync maintenance screen)that hopefully should correct the issues your having for at least the 13+. 
Welcome back stranger!!. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BBOX

Quote from: ZSHO on August 01, 2017, 08:52:34 PM
Did you try removing the ground on the battery terminal for 1 minute and that will cause the APIM to reboot(bring up the Sync maintenance screen)that hopefully should correct the issues your having for at least the 13+. 
Welcome back stranger!!. Z

I haven't done that, it's worth a shot at least. Not real hopeful since resetting the head unit and several drive cycles since Sunday haven't gotten it any better, but it can't hurt at this point.

SHOdded

If unpairing and repairing the phone does not work, the Master Reset is the best option.  May even have to Reset multiple times, reportedly, for it to be effective.  Is your Sync up to date?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was curious if you have a Scan Tool plugged in the OBD Port ?
It so it may cause interference with Bluetooth connection. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BBOX

Sync is current, nothing in the OBD port. I'll try deleting the phone and re-pairing it but I don't have a ton of hope of that working because it doesn't even seem like the Bluetooth is turning on.

ZSHO

It has happened to me on a few occasions and simply re-boot my phone does the trick. Z
Is it an iphone?

markssho

With my Android, I find that either a phone reboot, or turning the Bluetooth off and on fixes any pairing issues.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

BBOX

I guess I'm not being clear enough on this because it keeps getting suggested - the Bluetooth on the PHONE is not a problem. I use it with several other Bluetooth devices without issue. It is the Bluetooth on the CAR that will not turn on. There is nothing I can do to the PHONE that will make the Bluetooth on the CAR turn on.