• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Warranty work....and then some....

Started by r1crusher, July 12, 2017, 12:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1crusher

Dealer called literally at 11:55 on Friday and said the car was ready for pickup.  Paid my $600 bill and headed for the back lot.
Started car, turned on the ac and drove it home.  Put 3 bar back in, VTA'd it and loaded up the tune.  Now I can't turn the climate control on or off on the center stack. Only from the climate controls on the touch screen.  Turned out they didn't update the APIM.

I also found they put on a "customer concern" comment that I did not make.  The statement read that I noticed a whine coming from the transmission area which in turn resulted in them replacing the PTU.  I never said that I had a problem with that.  I DID mention that regardless of the recommended service interval the PTU needs serviced more frequently or it COULD make noises or fail.  I don't remember reading that on there when I authorized the work to start....but it's on there regardless and I have a new PTU.

New strut wasn't really need apparently, true issue was a sway bar end link.  I'd of thought that would have been one of the first things to check but hey I'm no tech so what do I know.

New backup camera...doesn't look nearly as clear as our new F250 or wife's XSport but it's not all hazy/cloudy now.

Still at a loss for words as to why those items take 3 entire weeks to fix but I guess I'll be making an hour drive from now on to go a different dealer for services.

I'm going to wait a few weeks before I take it in for the ac power button not working and pay another $100 deductible.

/end near month long drama
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: r1crusher on July 30, 2017, 01:09:53 AM
Dealer called literally at 11:55 on Friday and said the car was ready for pickup.  Paid my $600 bill and headed for the back lot.
Started car, turned on the ac and drove it home.  Put 3 bar back in, VTA'd it and loaded up the tune.  Now I can't turn the climate control on or off on the center stack. Only from the climate controls on the touch screen.  Turned out they didn't update the APIM.

I also found they put on a "customer concern" comment that I did not make.  The statement read that I noticed a whine coming from the transmission area which in turn resulted in them replacing the PTU.  I never said that I had a problem with that.  I DID mention that regardless of the recommended service interval the PTU needs serviced more frequently or it COULD make noises or fail.  I don't remember reading that on there when I authorized the work to start....but it's on there regardless and I have a new PTU.

New strut wasn't really need apparently, true issue was a sway bar end link.  I'd of thought that would have been one of the first things to check but hey I'm no tech so what do I know.

New backup camera...doesn't look nearly as clear as our new F250 or wife's XSport but it's not all hazy/cloudy now.

Still at a loss for words as to why those items take 3 entire weeks to fix but I guess I'll be making an hour drive from now on to go a different dealer for services.

I'm going to wait a few weeks before I take it in for the ac power button not working and pay another $100 deductible.

/end near month long drama
I've had a bad flash render my center stack useless. Reflash fixed.

StealBlueSho

Maybe they added a customer concern to get Ford to justify the replacement of the PTU? Good places will do that backend work for you so you don't have to fight it. If it was just a leak then maybe just a seal replacement would have been done... add a customer concern probably tilted it in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r1crusher

FoMo....I had considered that and I actually have a new tune to load anyway so I hope that it does get corrected at that time.

Blue....I suppose I could see that and it kind of makes sense to do in certain cases with the customer being informed of such.
'17 XSport

sholxgt

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 30, 2017, 12:53:01 PM
Maybe they added a customer concern to get Ford to justify the replacement of the PTU? Good places will do that backend work for you so you don't have to fight it. If it was just a leak then maybe just a seal replacement would have been done... add a customer concern probably tilted it in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree!  A large part of it is that good service advisers know how to write things up so that A. they will get paid for the work and B. the customer gets taken care of.

For example, when I took my car in and told the service manager that the front valve cover was leaking, he wrote it up as "customer complains of oil smell and drops in driveway."

That way, if they find other leaks or find that something large like a turbo needs replaced, it's documented under a wider umbrella of possibilities.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

I recall trying to make an appt a couple of weeks ago and my service advisor said that the senior tech was on vacation knowing specifically that no one touches my car except for him.

Sometimes the inconvenience outweighs the benefits but glad they finally got you covered for the most part and then some. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

I took in our new F-250 in for it's first service yesterday and spent some time with my sales guy there talking about my experience at the other dealership.  He asked if I learned my lesson...LOL.  I said yes.  I explained to him that it's nearly impossible to find a tune friendly place to get service done at.  He simply said that next time I need to get the car serviced to contact him and he'll get everything arranged for me.  That's why I consider him a friend now and not just a salesman.

But to Z's point I'm going to make sure that's the case from now on no matter what car or dealership I have to take my vehicles to.
'17 XSport

SHOdded

As long as it all turns up roses LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!