• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sorry if this has been asked...

Started by zstring, July 30, 2017, 05:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zstring

Been looking around, trying to find out if any has done this, or considered it. Haven't found anything yet. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. Swapping Ford 460 for 3.5 ecoboost?
If you are looking for hp and tq... is it worth it?
Basically asking because i saw a 32' Lincoln Eldorado Starfire for sale in my area, and i started thinking... What if i did a 3.5 swap and a 4x4 conversion (maybe even 6x6 if i and tryna be crazy). Would it be worth it? My understanding is that the factory 460's at that time produced about 200-220 hp and about 400 ft/lb tq., and that the factory ecoboost produces about 350 hp and 420 ft/lb tq. I mean, it seems like it would be a good idea... but would it? Obviously, with that swap, i would change the whole drivetrain, (i think i would get TONS more gas mileage with a newer 6speed automatic)... I am just wondering more about the performance side.

From my understanding, the Starfire was built on an E350 chassis... not that it matters, but i may help narrow down people who might have done that type of swap.

what do u guys think?
At this point, this is PURELY hypothetical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🎶🎶"Music is the space between the notes" 🎶🎶

zstring

just found out the new Transit 350 has the 3.5 in it... i dunno... it's looking better and better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🎶🎶"Music is the space between the notes" 🎶🎶