• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone planning lower gear swaps in the future?

Started by Shonuff1140, August 04, 2013, 12:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonuff1140

Would this be some extra available power on tap?

crash712us

It could, but traction is a real problem right now. But Dan at LMS believes it would be relatively easy to to change gearing. As the base model taurus has a 3.38 final drive. But still requires removing the trans.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Needmoreboost

Probably would not be beneficial without drag radials or slicks.  PP cars with just a tune (goodyear f1's) are spinning pretty bad so I hear.  Typically turbo cars like the lower gears for more load and torque.  JMO.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

4/SHO

Hello I have a question about traction and going to a smaller wheel. I have 22 inch all season tires now. Car dyno at 421 whp and 450wtq. Was wondering if I should use a 18 or 19 of the track with obviously different tires cause the hit chewed and were like new before I took her to the track. Any help would be appreciated.  What size tire/rim brand... thanks
2011 SHO with a 2015 SHO engine. She started out as the 2011 SEMA SHO by Rick Bottom Designs. Which had the following-  H&R lowering springs, Baer Extreme brakes, 22 in axiom rims,  Razzi body kit, Corsa performance exhaust,  Airaid cold air intake,  no weeds exhaust diverted, and a few other items. I then took her to National Speed of Wilmington NC where I had bigger ATP turbos, firestorm high pressure fuel pump, catless downpipes, 170 Tstat, 3bar MAP, tial BOV,  EPP pipes,  colder spark plugs, and  HP tune.

4/SHO

Hello I have a question about traction and going to a smaller wheel. I have 22 inch all season tires now. Car dyno at 421 whp and 450wtq. Was wondering if I should use a 18 or 19 of the track with obviously different tires cause the hit chewed and were like new before I took her to the track. Any help would be appreciated.  What size tire/rim brand... thanks
Quote from: Shonuff1140 on August 04, 2013, 12:39:04 AM
Would this be some extra available power on tap?
what would be the benefit of changing ratios and if any cost/performance gain...
2011 SHO with a 2015 SHO engine. She started out as the 2011 SEMA SHO by Rick Bottom Designs. Which had the following-  H&R lowering springs, Baer Extreme brakes, 22 in axiom rims,  Razzi body kit, Corsa performance exhaust,  Airaid cold air intake,  no weeds exhaust diverted, and a few other items. I then took her to National Speed of Wilmington NC where I had bigger ATP turbos, firestorm high pressure fuel pump, catless downpipes, 170 Tstat, 3bar MAP, tial BOV,  EPP pipes,  colder spark plugs, and  HP tune.

4/SHO

Leadfoot

Wow! Did a double take when I saw a response from Crash, then noticed the date.
RIP buddy!
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.