• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New MPG tune from Torrie

Started by jbrown9999, July 26, 2017, 11:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown9999

So, with my new position I have to travel from UT to Omaha, NE at least once a month.  A lot of times it's a last minute trip so I have been driving.
First 2 trips, with my 91 "Power" tune, my average MPG was under 20.
Got a MPG tune from Torrie and this last trip I was over 24!  When I filled up last time, my distance to empty was 430 miles!  That average includes being in some stop and go traffic.
Yes, when I put my foot in it, it still moves well.
Just letting you all know, an MPG tune can be worth the investment if you have a long trip ahead in your Ecoboost.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

SHOdded

Good to hear!  What fuels did you use during the last trip?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

68_GT

can a 91 / 93 octane tune a/f be leaned out just at cruise throttle to improve MPG on a more aggressive tune ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SHOdded

Sure as long as it is safe.  Your tuner probably already does that, as most of the performance  is geared for  when there is high throttle input.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sholab1

Running Torries 3BAR Mpg getting 23.8 on a 1300 mile run, putting it back to stock 25.1 1100 miles, running 93 both times. Performance tune is great but I got to get back to him yet on the mpg not being so hot

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jbrown9999

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2017, 11:56:23 AM
Good to hear!  What fuels did you use during the last trip?

I always use 91 but in NE, their 91 has no ethanol so I gain 1-2mpg just from that.

jbrown9999

Quote from: Sholab1 on July 28, 2017, 08:20:51 PM
Running Torries 3BAR Mpg getting 23.8 on a 1300 mile run, putting it back to stock 25.1 1100 miles, running 93 both times. Performance tune is great but I got to get back to him yet on the mpg not being so hot

Do you have PP?  I realize that includes taller gears which will hurt my mileage.  Believe me, if I had known I'd be doing this type of driving I would have bought an Elio!  LOL!

Sholab1

Yep curse of the taller gears

Sholab1

Thought he might have had something better in mpg but all I got was "understood" nothing else which was strange from him.