• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE SHO downpipes in stock ready for shipment!

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 27, 2017, 01:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

We feel our catted pipes are the best option for power and the ability to pass readiness checks on the vehicle so no tune is required or no disabling of rear O2.
Due to PPE being so busy I've ordered 4 sets to be in stock at all times from now on. This means if you order then they will ship within 2 business days, no more waiting 8 weeks.
Only the SHO pipes are in stock currently, if we get more Explorer Sport orders on average we'll start stocking these as well.
Thanks!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

lamrith

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on July 27, 2017, 01:10:11 PM
We feel our catted pipes are the best option for power and the ability to pass readiness checks on the vehicle so no tune is required or no disabling of rear O2.
Due to PPE being so busy I've ordered 4 sets to be in stock at all times from now on. This means if you order then they will ship within 2 business days, no more waiting 8 weeks.
Only the SHO pipes are in stock currently, if we get more Explorer Sport orders on average we'll start stocking these as well.
Thanks!
Awesome news!  I waited 4-5 weeks for mine when I ordered back in Feb.  Worth every torturous minute I waited.  Real works of art and Mikes service and price are great.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

gtmorgan23

Are there any group, military or forum discount codes for these bad boys? 900 is a good chunk of change. If not when might they be on sale again.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

StealBlueSho

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on September 24, 2017, 10:41:59 PM
Are there any group, military or forum discount codes for these bad boys? 900 is a good chunk of change. If not when might they be on sale again.

Might keep an eye in the for sale section... these tend to pop up occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: ZSHO on September 25, 2017, 04:38:14 PM
I'm not quite sure if this is still available.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8203.msg123882.html#msg123882
Sorry that is over, unfortunately no sales any time soon planned. Good news is the catted SHO pipes are in stock to ship immediately.
Remember these are the ONLY pipes that pass all readiness checks, no tune is required to use them and not throw a CEL.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

TopherSho

hmmm if they require no tune changes .. what is the benefits?  It would seem to me if the flow rate was much better allowing faster spool,  then a tune change would be needed.

amiwrong?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

gtmorgan23

From what I have read a tune is not required to use them however, having a tune either done or a current one modified after DP installation will net additional benefits.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

lamrith

true, not required, but just like a good CAI mod, a tune is needed to get the most benefit from the mod

No tune required refers more to the CAT themselves functioning within OEM/EPA specs, so the downpipes will not throw CEL or codes which then make you fail emissions testing. 

That also means that your tuner does not have to disable the CEL code for O2 sensors in their tune which of late has gotten a few of them into trouble with the EPA.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

CAI mod does NOT need a tune.  See, the thing is the intake is just airflow (and temp and pressure), it is monitored and compensated for.  The exhaust ... not so much, all you got is the O2 sensors to go by, airflow is not monitored at all.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

You can surely tune with these pipes the key is no CEL with them on the vehicle, most states now check for readiness checks passing and will fail you if they don't pass immediately. If you tune out the 2nd O2 CEL they see the car is not setting as emissions readiness and will still fail you irregardless.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on September 27, 2017, 04:31:11 PM
CAI mod does NOT need a tune.  See, the thing is the intake is just airflow (and temp and pressure), it is monitored and compensated for.  The exhaust ... not so much, all you got is the O2 sensors to go by, airflow is not monitored at all.
Not in our cars, but in some cars (N/A) a good CAI does benefit from a tune.  Probably a bad choice for an example on my part, was just trying to provide a picture.

SHOdded

I agree, I am sure there are situations where a CAI only mod would make a difference, usually doesn't happen in modern production cars that I am aware of.  Did you have examples where it WOULD make that much of a difference?  Would like to broaden my horizons :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on September 27, 2017, 05:21:35 PM
I agree, I am sure there are situations where a CAI only mod would make a difference, usually doesn't happen in modern production cars that I am aware of.  Did you have examples where it WOULD make that much of a difference?  Would like to broaden my horizons :)
Not as much with the modern rigs as you say, but back in 80's mustangs it was not uncommon to have issues with CAI and other intake tract mods on the stock ECU.  Then guys would throw longtube headers at it and compound the issue.  Ahhh the good ole days.

SHOdded