• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Traded in My XSport for a 2017 FFS

Started by BlackJac, July 24, 2017, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackJac

My lease was up on my Explorer Sport, and a history of problems with it, decide not to buy it out.

So, I traded in for a 2017 Fusion Sport with 401A, moonroof, magnetic grey. Anthony @ Livernois took care of getting my tuner switched over for me. Thanks Anthony!

Future performance mods I plan on are 160 thermostat, intake, strut tower brace, larger rear swaybar. Not much out yet, so hopefully more upgrades to come!

2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

ZSHO

Congrats on the new Fast & Fusion Mike!  any pics to share?
I must say they are definitely Solid cars and best of luck to ya.  Z

(Fusion thread) can be found here.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,81.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlackJac

Thanks man!

Not sure how to post pics now that Photobucket changed their policy and shut down 3rd party hosting.

2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

ZSHO

Quote from: BlackJac on July 24, 2017, 09:42:14 AM
Thanks man!

Not sure how to post pics now that Photobucket changed their policy and shut down 3rd party hosting.
PM me a link such as google photo album and will make sure to post it for ya. Z :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlackJac

ZSHO

FearlessAZ

Looks good. What are your initial impressions vs the Explorer?
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlackJac

Quote from: FearlessAZ on July 24, 2017, 11:20:34 AM
Looks good. What are your initial impressions vs the Explorer?

Thanks!  It's lighter and handles better than the Explorer, and having the CCD suspension is a plus. The Fusion feels better performing to me stock compared to the Explorer stock.

Going from stock to tuned is very noticeable, even more so than the Explorer.  It pulls really hard! Just a lot of fun to drive! I can see why guys are dipping in the 12's with just a tune on these things.

Oh, and mpg isn't bad at all. I hit about 27 mpg going to work the other day. Getting on it a little this morning I still got 25+.

92BlackGT

cool car! glad to see Ford is still putting out performance sedans
but i can't get over how plain that front end is. is it a fiesta, a focus? the front end on the previous gen is much better. perhaps the refresh in a few years will spice it up a bit.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

BlackJac

Thanks Guys!

Yeah, it does have it's similarities to the Focus RS. I actually like the new front end better, more aggressive. Nice having all LED lighting, hi/ low, drl, fog, and turn.

This one was perfect for what I was looking for. A nice size sedan with awd, rear seats fold (60/40) for extra trunk room, comfortable daily driver pretty loaded up (enjoying sync 3 better compared to sync 2), decent on gas, with enough power to hold its own against most (th without costing a fortune.

What also helped my decision was $4500 off the $39000 sticker, and it got me out of my other lease that I was out of mileage on with having 5 months left on it.

I know it would have been really cool to get something that looks the part, super aggressive, sporty styling. But this is nice for what I need, and don't need... like tickets. lol It makes for a great sleeper! Getting tickets would cause problems with my employment, which is something I really don't need.

SHOdded

I dont know ... that wa wa pedal is within eaaasy reach ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!