• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Time for new tires... Input needed

Started by ecobeast13, July 23, 2017, 07:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecobeast13

Like the title says.. time for new tires on my sho.. Iam eyeing the nitto nt555 g2 in stock size since discount will price match..

car was bought used with new Ventus V12 evo2's installed.. nothing to complain about them.. iam just thinking of a change..

both the evo and nt555's have same specs as per discount.

ideas? suggestions?

looking at the g-Force Sport COMP-2 and its alternate All season as 3rd option

sholxgt

What car do you have?  I don't think that 555's come in either of the SHO/MKS tire sizes.  They are:

255/45-19 or 245/45-20's depending on which wheels you have. 

I have heard that the G-Force Comp's are loud when they get some miles on them.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on July 23, 2017, 08:32:13 PM
What car do you have?  I don't think that 555's come in either of the SHO/MKS tire sizes.  They are:

255/45-19 or 245/45-20's depending on which wheels you have. 

I have heard that the G-Force Comp's are loud when they get some miles on them.
The OP has a 13 PP SHO.
Welcome back sholxgt. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ecobeast13

I plan in sticking with the stock 245/45/20 on account of i still have factory powertrain warranty and dont want any hassle incase i have any ptu issues

Nt555's are available in a 245 width

sholxgt

Quote from: ecobeast13 on July 23, 2017, 09:33:48 PM
I plan in sticking with the stock 245/45/20 on account of i still have factory powertrain warranty and dont want any hassle incase i have any ptu issues

Nt555's are available in a 245 width

Ahh, I see now!  There's a Gen 2 of the 555.  I have been living in a hole.  I was curious because, last I looked I hadn't see a 555 in our size.  I always liked the NT555's.  Have 555r's on the back and regular 555's on the front of my fox body.

My only complaint with Nitto's in general through the years is I haven't found them to last overly long or be very quiet.  That being said, they are usually cheaper than the better options like Michelin's.

I put Uniroyal Tiger Paws on mine.  I know that sounds horrible, but they actually perform well.  Doesn't appear like I'm going to get many miles out of them though.  Throwing this big brick around in the mountains seems to take it's toll on rubber.

If your Ventus held up well, I'd be really tempted to stick with them.  From what I see, they are about $30 cheaper per tire than the Nittos.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ecobeast13

By my calculations i got about 25k miles out of the evo's.

Good...bad..ehh? Sho is my  Daily driver

Colorado-SHOBro

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=G-MAX+AS-05&partnum=445WR0GMAS05XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
Might want to throw these in there as an option. Amazing tire for your $. General just updated the tire design from the G-max AS-03 to the AS-05.
For a while i was debating between the sport comp 2 a/s and some other tires and went with the General's based on price, and some feedback from other forum members here as well as online reviews. The only feedback on the AS-03s was that they were noisy. But the AS-05 seemed to have fixed that. Car is quite as can be at all speeds.

Of course living in Denver i needed an all season with good snow traction. If i didn't drive the SHO in the snow that would have led me to a more summer style tire.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Agentlongwood

I'm in Florida so I run can run a summer tire all year.  I stay away from All-Seasons since there is no need in my climate.  For a summer tire, I cannot recommend the Michelin Pilot Super Sport enough.  I ran them on my previous car (Lexus GS430) and they actually do live up to the hype.  The car stopped HARD during the 2 real panic stops I made while running that tire.  They have amazing grip in the wet, which does matter a lot in Orlando.  That's my $.02
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

dubcitySHO

Quote from: sholxgt on July 24, 2017, 12:47:31 AM
I put Uniroyal Tiger Paws on mine.  I know that sounds horrible, but they actually perform well.  Doesn't appear like I'm going to get many miles out of them though.  Throwing this big brick around in the mountains seems to take it's toll on rubber.

My car had the Tiger Paw GTZ's on it when I bought it, and I will echo no real complaints other than fast wear.  I've rotated twice already in 15k miles of ownership, and have seen a noticeable amount of wear.  Full disclosure, I'm not exactly gentle on them.  They have countless hard launches on them as well as a lot of back road "spirited" driving.  I will probably opt for something a little more aggressive when it comes time to replace them, but overall I'm pretty satisfied especially for the price point.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

ecobeast13

Down here in south texas the temps dip below 40 for only a few days out of the year. And anything below 32 is for only a few hours overnight so a all season really isn't in my radar other than i i come across a good deal. Much rather stick to a summer spec

Night Hawk

2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

Sbouvia

~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

12Murd3rSho

I just got general Altima rt43 yesterday. So far they feel better than the Michelin mxm4's I had I also saw the tests on tire rack which say these are SUPPOSED(favorite army word) to be great in the snow and rain we will see and I will let you know. As it rains everyday it seems now in Colorado Springs

avidmotion

Ok update us on your new tires, any reviews....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.