• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New parts!!! What to expect after install?

Started by Hesh, July 21, 2017, 06:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesh

Hey Guys, I got bit.

Bit by the speed bug to make some more power in my Flex.

I have a Programmer and tunes ordered from Torrie, Mdesign CAI, colder plugs, 170* thermostat, 3 bar Map coming.

What can I expect numbers-wise, or time-wise from your experiences on the dyno or track?

I'm also contemplating my next mod, but Im torn. I feel like my potential choke point could be the factory exhaust, but yet I havent heard a single Ecoboost aftermarket exhaust Ive liked, in the Flex, Taurus, etc. I was also contemplating a Snow Performance Meth Injection kit as an alternate option.

Any other "NEXT-UP" modifications you'd suggest to consider as my next step?

StealBlueSho

Downpipes would be the next step... IMHO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Welcome, Hesh!  SBS is right on point :)  Have you got the maintenance up to date yet?  Spark plugs, all fluids, intercooler/turbo piping checks, etc.?

Do introduce yourself and your Flex here
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

What your DA?  Do you have access to 93 octane fuel?
[Power per mod discussion can be found here]. Welcome. Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=808.0

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Hesh

Quote from: SHOdded on July 21, 2017, 06:30:24 PM
Welcome, Hesh!  SBS is right on point :)  Have you got the maintenance up to date yet?  Spark plugs, all fluids, intercooler/turbo piping checks, etc.?

Thanks for the warm welcome! All my maintenance, fluids & piping is covered and in check. One step colder NGK spark plugs are on their way (as mentioned above). Worth mentioning, I suppose, is that Ive also upgraded my front rotors and pads to the Powerstop 1-Click Brake Kit (Slotted and Drilled w/ CF Ceramic pads), with plans to do the +13 or Police Interceptor upgrade once either my fronts or rears wear out.

Quote from: ZSHO on July 21, 2017, 06:36:18 PM
What your DA?  Do you have access to 93 octane fuel?

Forgive me - what does DA stand for?

SHOdded

Density Altitude.  A measurement that allows you to standardize track times based on altitude/air pressure,  temperature,  and humidity/dew point. Commonly used in aviation.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Hesh

Ah, gotcha.

The density altitude from what I can find is 1674.33 ft at the track (about 45mins out of town) and 1588.53 ft in town.

FWIW, if it applies, track elevation is  +744 ft and in town is +757

SHOdded

Hesh

Anyone else with any insight into HP predictions, or track time guesstimates?