• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Power per mod discussion

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 03, 2013, 11:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on January 22, 2014, 05:25:03 PM
Has anyone just removed the mufflers

How about leaving stock exhaust alone except adding an X-pipe with a boost activated cutout to completely eliminate exhaust resistance when you ask the engine for a lot?!.  Even add a solenoid to close the boost line when you want it quiet.

Here's 2 threads on this here, first one is a video of such a beast in action (the cutout I mean):
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=276.msg723#msg723
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=700.msg5595#msg5595

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

You still need down pipes ahead of it. 

BiGMaC

..DPs with thermal coating on order now!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

silver86

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 06, 2013, 11:43:03 PM
You guys in the explorers have a "regular" intercooler, the other transverse motors do not and it would be a HUGE undertaking to upgrade the stocker.

Still learning about my new platform. Does this mean that the ESports have an adequate intercooler?

Also, is anyone currently working on ported exhaust manifolds? Haven't had a turbo car in almost a decade, so this may be a stupid question.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: silver86 on March 12, 2014, 07:00:49 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 06, 2013, 11:43:03 PM
You guys in the explorers have a "regular" intercooler, the other transverse motors do not and it would be a HUGE undertaking to upgrade the stocker.

Still learning about my new platform. Does this mean that the ESports have an adequate intercooler?

Also, is anyone currently working on ported exhaust manifolds? Haven't had a turbo car in almost a decade, so this may be a stupid question.
Can't port the car exhaust manifolds, they're sheet metal :(
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

silver86

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 12, 2014, 07:12:21 PM
Can't port the car exhaust manifolds, they're sheet metal :(

That's just tragic....

BoostedSho2010

Quote from: dcpatters on January 21, 2014, 11:43:37 PM
Not sure how the OEM mufflers are on the SHO, but from what I can tell, the ExSport OEM mufflers appear straight through, just long. So I'm not sure the vehicle would benefit from a muffler swap. Definitely plan on an X - pipe and high flow chatted down pipes.
Mufflers are heavy stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiveLeeter918

Any updates to this? This thread is great info, but being from 2013 I'd hope new mods and technology have come out. Thanks!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

EcoPowerParts

Nope, not really, same old stuff just found that the trans can't really handle above 500WTQ for more than a few months at a time.
My suggestion use the upgraded stock turbos I sell when/if your stockers go out with meth or race gas for a good and reliable long term car.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

Welcome aboard there FiveLeeter918 and due setup an intro by following the below link,thanks. Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: ZSHO on May 26, 2017, 03:10:46 PM
Welcome aboard there FiveLeeter918 and due setup an intro by following the below link,thanks. Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Now that I officially took delivery of it Wednesday, I definitely will!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

avidmotion

Not sure if this was discussed,  but on the G8 heat killed hp just like on the SHO. They had one thing they called the HSRK. Or heat soak reduction kit. What it was is a much quicker reacting temp sensor, IAT, placed in the airfilter. Helps  at the track, the lazy stock IAT would not change the cooler temps that happen just with airflow once moving until after your 1/4 mile race. I am sure it could help us too. My intake goes up fast in temp on stopping, once I am moving again, slowly goes back down to 9 above ambient. Just a thought every little bit counts.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

jbrown9999

One thing I haven't seen is the Silver Bullet.  I think it works.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

irondoor19

Quote from: jbrown9999 on June 19, 2018, 03:52:50 AM
One thing I haven't seen is the Silver Bullet.  I think it works.

Hey: I looked it up on the website, But NO listing for the 2011
how about a P/N on the Silver bullet...? thanks in advance
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,