• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Power per mod discussion

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 03, 2013, 11:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMR76

I've been running LMS tunes for over a year on my 13 SHO.  I never had any issues with the early ones, only 93v6 (which had more power) version and it wasn't horrible, just some minor stuttering on WOT and only for a few seconds once in a while (discussed in other threads).  v7 is a big improvement and I think they are still tweaking.  Customer service is great and they've always worked with me in a timely matter.  I can't comment on the other brands since I don't have any experience with them.
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

wasinger3000

Thanks for all the info guys. Ill wait on a true intake like on the trucks. If it ever gets made.

So is it really worth the extra cost for a LMS tune over unleashed? Not trying to start a war, im not trying to pick a favorite.. just want real world answers. I understand LMS can work with more parameters with their own programming device vs an Xcal. Is that to say the Unleashed tune would be less effective? Would future updates yield fewer gains/improvements?

Also i would  like to have some kind of monitor in the car for temperature and what not. Thats why im leaning towards the Unleashed because i can get a livewire with a tune for the price of what just the tune and device cost at LMS. I was thinking of just buying one of those 4.3" tablets and running the torque app on it if i had to.

Last question. Are the stock plugs ok to use with a tune? After i gap them correctly? Or should i go with the F150 plug since its a step colder if im not mistaken? What about using Brisk plugs?

Thank you!
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

BigPelo

I had LMS canned tune for 1+ year and I am now using unleashed custom tune. They both have pros and cons but Torrie is working to whip the cons off and has an outstanding customer support. I am staying with unleashed for now.
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

steve142857

Quote from: BigPelo on December 11, 2013, 12:57:52 PM
I had LMS canned tune for 1+ year and I am now using unleashed custom tune. They both have pros and cons but Torrie is working to whip the cons off and has an outstanding customer support. I am staying with unleashed for now.
Frank: I dealt with Torrie when I purchased the 3bar map and the Tstat170 and indeed, he offers a very good customer support.

When I drove your car at the track this summer, I felt that your car was sluggish and I am curious to see what the new tune of Unleashed will do for your car... I thought either the tune needed adjustments or it was the K&N filter.

À bientôt!

Steve
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

BigPelo

Quote from: steve142857 on December 11, 2013, 02:38:30 PM
Quote from: BigPelo on December 11, 2013, 12:57:52 PM
Frank: I dealt with Torrie when I purchased the 3bar map and the Tstat170 and indeed, he offers a very good customer support.

When I drove your car at the track this summer, I felt that your car was sluggish and I am curious to see what the new tune of Unleashed will do for your car... I thought either the tune needed adjustments or it was the K&N filter.

À bientôt!

Steve

Torrie's tune is definetly more violent! (Not has violent as your meth injected downpiped free flow exhausted SHO though) Can't wait for spring to return to Napierville dragway and compare times.

I will try to thermal wrap the aluminium piping of the K&N and see if intake temp keeps cooler.
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

68_GT

is the K&N intake pipe metal ? can the be ceramic coated inside and out ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

It is aluminum.  I don't know if it could be ceramic coated or not.

DJE624

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 10, 2013, 12:11:31 PM
I picked up 20HP on my PPE catted pipes, should be about the same.

We are talking wheel horse power, right?

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on December 11, 2013, 11:32:21 PM
is the K&N intake pipe metal ? can the be ceramic coated inside and out ?

Good question.. 4DR is more familiar with fabbing stuff..... but I seem to recollect a discussion he and I had with Jeremy over at BMR about it taking enough temp that aluminum would melt... not completely sure of the numbers.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 21, 2014, 08:10:17 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 10, 2013, 12:11:31 PM
I picked up 20HP on my PPE catted pipes, should be about the same.

We are talking wheel horse power, right?

Yes... 4DR said WHP  He posted a fairly long list of things by WHP gain and cost..... last updated Oct 2013 (earlier in this thread).

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

That's what I thought but wanted to be sure.  I should be able to claim 23 w/o cats.  Not counting tune tweaks, Typhoon +-, or third cat/res delete.  I'll be 365 WP.  Easy 12's.  Yeehaw!

BiGMaC

dcpatters

Not sure how the OEM mufflers are on the SHO, but from what I can tell, the ExSport OEM mufflers appear straight through, just long. So I'm not sure the vehicle would benefit from a muffler swap. Definitely plan on an X - pipe and high flow chatted down pipes.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

panther427

Has anyone just removed the mufflers
2013 SHO

crash712us

There was one fella that remove them all, don't remember who it was. But it didn't sound obnoxious.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110