• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Amsoil options for PTU, RDU and transmission

Started by Agentlongwood, July 16, 2017, 11:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

I bought my car with around 61k miles on it, so I don't have the details on what oils have been used.  And I bet the PTU and RDU have never been changed.  Looking around on here I heard good things about Amsoil and their yearly membership.  If I go that route I might as well use them for all the fluids, lol.  I searched around and found what fluid I'm going with for motor oil.  I haven't been able to find much in the way of what fluid to use in the other locations.  I live in Central Florida so it's fairly warm.  What Amsoil fluids do folks recommend for PTU, RDU, and transmission?

2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Amsoil periodically has sales too.   This helps offset shipping charges.  If you find a local distribution center or wholesaler. You could save the shipping as well.

Distribution  centers:
http://www.amsoil.com/ammap/distroMap/distroLocator.aspx

Local availability
http://www.amsoil.com/locator/map.aspx?page=%2flocator%2findex.aspx
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Agentlongwood

You guys are awesome, I really appreciate the info.  I know a little bit of the basics for motor oil, but I can admit I'm out of my element when it comes to the other fluids.  I really had no idea proper weights for gear oil, and such.  Thanks guys.

Agentlongwood

So I looked it up and I think I'm in luck, SHOdded.  Where I live there is a distribution center within a short drive, and then 3 retailers within bicycling distance, lol.  If I sign up as an Amsoil preferred customer do I still get their wholesale discount when buying from a local retailer? 

SHOdded

That I do not know.  I have always had the products shipped to me ... 

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Agentlongwood on July 16, 2017, 05:12:00 PM
So I looked it up and I think I'm in luck, SHOdded.  Where I live there is a distribution center within a short drive, and then 3 retailers within bicycling distance, lol.  If I sign up as an Amsoil preferred customer do I still get their wholesale discount when buying from a local retailer?
yes you should. when you sign up you will be asked to pick a local dealer(usually private) or they will automatically assign you one and you can get product from them also. you can avoid paying shipping costs since the local dealers just tack your items onto their existing orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Agentlongwood

Right on.  Yall don't know the sigh of relief I am breathing that there is this active ecoboost community.  Before I had my son I was driving an NB Miata and the community was always super helpful.  I really glad the same type of thing exists here.  I had a Lexus GS430 for a bit, and I'll say the community for that car was... "less helpful" lol.