• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brake pedal squeak

Started by Primalzer, July 13, 2017, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primalzer

Ok, I noticed a brake pedal squeak that's definitely inside the car. I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the TSB as my brakes are basically brand new all the way around and the sound has persisted throughout the change. Humidity makes it worse, but it's fairly prevelant all the time.  I've heard everything from just a rubber/metal noise to possible brake booster issue. Is there another way to diagnose the brake booster? My ESP would cover a booster, but if they check out the squeak and it's not the booster, I'm gonna get charged up the butt.

Thoughts?
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion

FoMoCoSHO

I just had this issue on the Lincoln and it was the booster.

On the last 1/3 of travel it felt like the pedal was rubbing which I only noticed in a quiet cabin when I was listening for the noise and not driving.

SHOdded

Sometimes it can be a failing master cylinder leaking into the booster causing the booster to fail.  Does not sound like the case here, but at least 1 member had that situation happen.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Primalzer

Last time I had the car in for brakes, the master cylinder was bench tested, and tested out fine. But I'm not sure they looked at the booster.
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion