• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Key not detected issue

Started by Wardog692, July 13, 2017, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardog692

Apparently my key is not detected, but only when I'm in my garage? For example, I can return to my car in a parking lot and start it without taking the key out of my pocket, but in my garage it says "no key detected" and I can't start it until I use the center console trick.

Is something interfering? Is the battery just dying?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

Macgyver

I replaced both my batteries and I am still getting this maybe twice a week.

SHOdded

Vehicle battery strong?  Then may need to replace the RKE module or reprogam keys to the vehicle.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Well she is a 2015 SHO so its the Huge stock battery. Seems more than fine.

The only thing it could be besides what you mentioned is they were Sunbeam dollar store batteries. Maybe just maybe they were old and low voltage. I will check them with a tester.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Macgyver on July 14, 2017, 12:32:30 AM
Well she is a 2015 SHO so its the Huge stock battery. Seems more than fine.

The only thing it could be besides what you mentioned is they were Sunbeam dollar store batteries. Maybe just maybe they were old and low voltage. I will check them with a tester.
Yea I use to use the cheap alkaline batteries when I'd go to use them a whole pack would be dead so now I stick with Duracell because of a science far project a fellow student did in 5th grade

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Wardog692

I did recently replace the car battery, but that was a few weeks ago and this is an issue that only just started this week

2010 SHO 402b non PP
mDesign CAI
35% Tint

SHOdded

Try a branded key fob battery replacement, as mentioned above.  Fingers crossed!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I'm a bit late to the game but did you try swapping the key fobs to see if the issues still persist.?
FYI- If the Battery key fob is slightly on the low side it will NOT function properly.
Battery 2032 needed.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Wardog692

Z, I haven't tried the second fob yet, I'll do that this weekend (it's not kept at my apartment). FWIW, it worked fine again this morning, so now I don't know what to believe!

2010 SHO 402b non PP
mDesign CAI
35% Tint

SHOdded

Any difference in scenarios?  Distance, electrical lines/cell towers, obstacles ...?

Wardog692

Quote from: SHOdded on July 14, 2017, 12:38:47 PM
Any difference in scenarios?  Distance, electrical lines/cell towers, obstacles ...?
Nope, same garage, same morning routine. The only possible thing (and if this is true I'm an idiot) is that I'm on crutches, and I get in by putting my right leg in, but my keys are in my left pocket. The only thing I can think of is that I press the start button while my left leg isn't in the car, therefore it doesn't register the key. But even after doing that, and it not registering, I'll put my leg in fully, close the door, and it still won't start. Does it lock up for a certain period of time if you try to start without a key?

2010 SHO 402b non PP
mDesign CAI
35% Tint

SHOdded

I do not see a mention of such a lockout feature in the owner's manual.

Macgyver

jbeez

If you have that much of an issue, try putting the fob in the spot for it inside the center console armrest and see how it goes. Could just be local obstruction inside the car. Not sure if it needs a clear shot to the push to start area, center console, or somewhere else

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|