• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Corner balancing Megan Coilovers

Started by StealBlueSho, July 08, 2017, 09:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Ok... so FoMoCoSHO mentioned I needed some to corner balance the Megan Coilovers if I order them... is this completely necessary? If it is... I'm not interested in investing that kinda time and money...I'm sure it is probably a good thing to do, but for street driving... not sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

I don't think it's necessary but from what I've read and heard it will get you the maximum benefit from the coilovers.

derfdog15

For street driving/drag racing which is what your car primarily is used for, you should be able to just set it and forget it. Possibly re-set firmness on the dampers at the track, vs. the street but I don't think you need to corner balance unless its a dedicated Auto-x/Twisties car
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

Installing a fully adjustable suspension and not corner balancing is like taking the prom queen home and playing checkers with her. 
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

LostnEye

Quote from: Vortech347 on July 11, 2017, 01:04:28 AM
Installing a fully adjustable suspension and not corner balancing is like taking the prom queen home and playing checkers with her.
This, no point in spending the extra coin over H&Rs to not corner balance it.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts