• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vibration when stopped and in Drive?

Started by Agentlongwood, July 15, 2017, 11:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

My car is a 2014 MKS Ecoboost with about 61k miles on it.  When the car is up to temperature, and I have the A/C going and I'm stopped while in drive (or S) there is a constant humming type vibration that can be felt throughout the car.  It feels kind of like the idle is too low or something.  If I shift to neutral it goes away.  It also goes away as soon as the car starts moving again.  If I have the heat running and it's in the evening the vibration does not occur.  Mostly I want to know if this is normal or common or what.  To me it feels way too noticeable to be just normal operating vibration.  I just bought it recently, so I'm still getting used to what is normal on these cars. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

I would have said torque/engine/trans mounts first when you mentioned the vibration.  Belts/A/C compressor is another.

I don't think it is the PTU/RDU due to the fact that it goes away when the car is in motion.  The driveshaft tho, is a possibility, because it is disengaged in P and N, but engaged in all other modes.  If the vibration is in the floorboard, that is a good indicator.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!