• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tuning the 3.0 Continental

Started by Brucelinc, June 27, 2017, 09:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

That's a no brainer!

I wish their re-licensing fees weren't so high.  Makes purchase of a used MyCal tough since you're still going to be out a ton of money.  Any other company I can think of charges $100-$200 for a remote tune.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Macgyver

Options are good and fun to explore.

Brucelinc

There is a guy on Facebook with a Livernois tuned MKZ 3.0 that only ran 13.5 at the track in good air.  That is NO improvement over stock.  Not sure what the issue was but I would be screaming if it were me.  Another guy on a different forum claimed to run in the high 12s in 8000 DA but I don't recall seeing any timeslips.  I think he had some other mods, too.

I am looking forward to seeing how the LMS tune performs based on my butt dyno.  Tracks will be closing after this weekend so I won't be able to really test it.

sholxgt

You are a good one to find out.  I bet your butt is more accurate than most with your multiple passes!

$20 is just a no brainer!  Looking forward to hearing your opinion.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Bruce I sense a shoot out lol. You have the logging tool to really analyze the difference between the tunes so that will be nice to see.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Brucelinc

Quote from: AJP turbo on October 14, 2017, 11:31:27 AM
Bruce I sense a shoot out lol. You have the logging tool to really analyze the difference between the tunes so that will be nice to see.

I  doubt if their tune will perform as well as yours.  They got very good with SHO tunes after having tons of experience with them.  I believe they have only had one MKZ and one Continental in their shop so their experience is more limited.   With your ability to review my logs and make tweaks specific to my car, I suspect your tune is better. 

If it doesn't rain, I am going to the track tomorrow with your E tune.  It is cooler now so I am hoping for something in the 12.6 or 12.7 range.   

Brucelinc

Twas the night before Christmas and in my garage,
I heard a strange rattle but I don't own a Dodge.

I opened the door and heard hooves go click click,
There stood Rudolph and good old St. Nick!

I was quite shocked and didn't know what to say,
Santa said, "nice Lincoln, would you trade for my sleigh?"

I said, "no way, Santa," and started to grin,
"but if you have some time, we could go for a spin."

His little round mouth, all turned up like a bow,
turned into a smile and he said "Yes, let's go!"

I stepped on the gas and he said, "Man, that's rad!"
I had to explain that the tune was from Brad.

As the turbos spooled up, he was taken by surprise,
But he liked it a lot by the look in his eyes.

Santa was giddy and never felt so alive,
So I backed off the gas and said, "Wanta drive?"

With his left foot on the brake and right on the gas,
He built up some boost and really hauled @ss!

Shoved back in the seat, Santa said, "I've been thinkin'
What I need tonight is your hotrod Lincoln!

"Not for sale," I said "no matter what you say,
Just get my friend Brad to tune up your sleigh!"

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!