• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Decided on unleased for tuning , anyone running mild mods with them?

Started by MksBoost4life, June 24, 2017, 07:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MksBoost4life

So I finally decided to get it tuned on my MKS I decided on Torrie from Unleashed being he's been very great about getting back to me on questions that I've had.

Right now i got a roush intake and working on 3rd cat delete.
I'm just looking for mild gains and more improve Driving Experience the shifting and lag on these cars are a lot more than what I'm used to coming from a Subaru wrx.

I'm interested in hearing anyone else's experience with similar mods using Unleashed thanks

92BlackGT

i've had good success with Unleashed. Ran my 12.9 tune (E20) only. the shifting while daily driving is quick and firm but not harsh.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

MksBoost4life

12.9 is really good , i was concerned about shifting as a daily driver. I want something firmer but not too harsh

Quote from: 92BlackGT on June 26, 2017, 04:53:57 AM
i've had good success with Unleashed. Ran my 12.9 tune (E20) only. the shifting while daily driving is quick and firm but not harsh.

TopherSho

Quote from: MksBoost4life on June 26, 2017, 09:11:34 PM
12.9 is really good , i was concerned about shifting as a daily driver. I want something firmer but not too harsh

Quote from: 92BlackGT on June 26, 2017, 04:53:57 AM

Sending a PM..

As to shifting,  unless you are hard on the throttle,  say 40%+ the shifts if left OEM are quite buttery actually.  I like my shift crisp and instant so i am commanding 190ms shift times (Experimental!) and love it.. and yet with 190ms it STILL shifts very smooth in normal driving.

With this platform it IS a daily driver until you goes balls out and replace .. well ... everything.   My wife and Daughter ride in mine all the time,  and unless it is date night and i floor it the missus nary says a word and thinks the car is super comfy.

This thing is a wolf in sheeps guise .. *Nobody* expects you to pull a 0-60 in 4.5 - 4.7 seconds in a Taurus SHO.. but they are fully capable with limited mods and a quick 2300 rpm launch.   
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction