• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Polski Meth Kit

Started by polskifacet, June 23, 2017, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Quote from: polskifacet on June 26, 2017, 04:38:45 PM
Don't know your timeline but I will start installing more wiring today. Taking my time since I'm wait to get my x3 back from sct. ill post everything valuable here.

Excellent .. good luck and take lots of pix.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on June 26, 2017, 04:36:29 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 26, 2017, 04:04:56 PM
The Alky Control pump pushes over 250 psi... plus as previously stated I have the M15 nozzle... I don't have a meter inline to tell me what my rate of flow is but it varies with the boost...

I know for a fact that I can max out and then some the amount of fuel the  ECU will pull which is 29% of the total fuel injected at WOT. Then my AFRs drop like a rock...

But I adjust the kit so I don't have knock... so I monitor KR... once I adjust the controller so there is no knock I am done... how much meth I am pushing? Dunno... I am sure you could do the math based on the datalogs... but I don't care...

Last log with Brad showed me holding over 255kpa (22.7 psi) with perfect fuel pressure over 2200 psi and AFRs holding nicely.

22+psi spike or constant? 

I have been thinking since the 15-psi build I was running was 'to hot' i might be able to go back to it with 30/70 meth.  That would be awesome since the 15[psi build was way more torquey and seat of the pants fun at low speeds.

We had an interesting effect when Brad modified one of the torque tables..... the ECU was setting dsd tip to 255kpa... in third gear I was holding 255kpa for over a second without any impact to fueling... it was not intended... but it goes to show you how stout the Alky system is...

Here is my take... LMS was one of the first groups to throw meth at these cars (at least I believe so) and they don't do anything that's half assed... if they are good with the pump and nozzle setup, then it's probably extremely sound..

With the 10+ meth revs I have played with, I can without a doubt say that with the Alky Control setup, you can hold over 2200psi at the rail with any load you throw at the motor with stock turbos. Assuming 100% meth of course. At this point I see no need for a bigger HPFP...

I am curious about a full tank of E85 with meth injection... if I can offset 30% of fuel now... no reason I couldn't run full E85... it would just be curious how much load I can push with it..

You could blow the motor sky high due to too much torque and still maintain 2200psi at the rail.

StealBlueSho

Snapshot of datalog attached...

Dark Blue = Fuel Rail Pressure
Light Blue = STFT
Grey = Manifold Absolute Pressure (boost)
Gold = AFR..

Meth = should have done it sooner...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Yeah,  full e85 + meth sounds risky.   I fear the connecting rods and block would not like that very much.   You'd have to treat the PTu as a throw-away on track days :P  .. even if you adhere to GM underrating their parts the the 6t80 (you could swap in i believe) would puke its guts out at 700+ ftlbs.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

polskifacet

For our needs (tophersho and myself), the m5 nozzle is probably ample. With higher water % you need a smaller nozzle than 100% meth would need. I think I'm at a good starting point.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on June 26, 2017, 05:11:18 PM
Yeah,  full e85 + meth sounds risky.   I fear the connecting rods and block would not like that very much.   You'd have to treat the PTu as a throw-away on track days :P  .. even if you adhere to GM underrating their parts the the 6t80 (you could swap in i believe) would puke its guts out at 700+ ftlbs.

Eh, honestly, I just want 475/475 with consistent shifting and drive-ability.. I believe I am pushing more than that right now... but the point is... you can question the M15 with the Alky pump.. but the setup is very well thought out and tested.

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 26, 2017, 05:21:24 PM

Eh, honestly, I just want 475/475 with consistent shifting and drive-ability.. I believe I am pushing more than that right now... but the point is... you can question the M15 with the Alky pump.. but the setup is very well thought out and tested.

Na not questioning it per say,  just trying to gauge what flow is good or bad.   clearly I will need to test,  but that will be super easy at the track.  No re-tuning needed just need to keep turning it up in small increments until it no longer has any additional effects.

Your insight and beta testing btw is keenly appreciated!

polskifacet

Found some real world tests of various nozzles.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on June 26, 2017, 05:24:38 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 26, 2017, 05:21:24 PM

Na not questioning it per say,  just trying to gauge what flow is good or bad.   clearly I will need to test,  but that will be super easy at the track.  No re-tuning needed just need to keep turning it up in small increments until it no longer has any additional effects.

Your insight and beta testing btw is keenly appreciated!

I just want to make sure the record is straight here, while I appreciate the recognition, what I am doing is not beta testing. MANY others have gone down this path. Meth tunes have been out for a very long time. Torrie and LMS have both successfully tuned MANY MANY meth injected SHOs since probably 2010-2011....

Where in theory it could be beta testing would be with Brad tuning for meth in particular. While he has said there were a couple people he worked with before, I believe I am the first SHO he has had a chance to dig into. Since this is a play car for me, I am very liberal in the amount of testing I am willing to go through...

Hoping some of it will benefit others who choose to tune through him...

polskifacet

What do you guys think about safety mechanisms? What would be a more likely issue pump failure or nozzle clog. The safety boxes from snow etc are flow based. For $50 i can put a pressure sensor in that turns on an led.

StealBlueSho

I think a led isn't going to save you in the middle of a run if something fails...

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 26, 2017, 06:59:23 PM
I think a led isn't going to save you in the middle of a run if something fails...
ahh i wasnt sure how fast it goes boom when it does fail. not worth it then, ill probably ask AJP to make a very mild one for daily driving and then a full 50/50 meth tune for special occasions and I'll just clench during wot runs lmao

polskifacet

Verified the sealing washers work and updated parts list with 90 degree fitting that will work for the nozzle. Not including some misc parts like wire loom, wire sleeve, and terminals. I did find a stud insulator, otherwise the positive stud is exposed on the fuse holder.

polskifacet

Toms Turbo Garage
Good watch