• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Polski Meth Kit

Started by polskifacet, June 23, 2017, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Parts:
Snow Meth Pump - $144.99
Water Tank Bulkhead - meh could be better $17.99
Boost Switch - $34.99
1/4 Meth tubing - $16.94
Devil's Own Check Valve - $36.70
Low Profile Nozzle Holder - $13.60 Doesn't work too shallow
90 - $3.94
Nozzle 200ml a minute - $15.27 (I chose the Nickel Plated one)
Sealing washer - $8.21
4 way fuse holder - $10.99
Relay - $22.99 (Many choices waterproof is overkill)
Oznium Indicator LED - $4.99

Vac/Boost Port -
1/2x1/2x1/4 Tee - $12.81
90 Elbow - $6.81
5 feet of 1/2" reinforced hose
3 inches of 1/4" reinforced hose

Total - $347.28
Its a little bit over budget but I got the parts that I wanted and will fit the best IMO.

Current as of 7/18/2017
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

What about the tank to hold the meth?

polskifacet

im doing a shared tank. I plan on running ww fluid so why 2. Even if  I want to go on the track or something, 50/50 wont hurt anything minus being a more expensive windsheild wash lol. Criticism accepted, I haven't installed it yet so I can make changes.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

I was criticizing at all... just curious...

polskifacet

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 23, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
I was criticizing at all... just curious...
Please do if something doesn't make sense to you.

I don't see a benefit in my case other than maybe adding a tank for capacity. I will never run 100% meth. Ice cubes fit down the stock fill tube. I don't need it.

polskifacet

SHO9987

Quote from: polskifacet on June 23, 2017, 05:22:48 PM
im doing a shared tank. I plan on running ww fluid so why 2. Even if  I want to go on the track or something, 50/50 wont hurt anything minus being a more expensive windsheild wash lol. Criticism accepted, I haven't installed it yet so I can make changes.

Actually been thinking about doing something pretty similar to that. These IATs are killing me, especially with this summer heat.  Brad has the car running like a champ with this E20 tune.  But I can definitely feel the loss of spark and power with this extreme heat.  So back to your setup, I was thinking of tapping into the window wash tank as well.  For me, the purpose isn't to add more boost or supplement fuel, but to simply cool the charge air entering the intake. 

I think it ultimately depends on what you want out of your meth kit.  If you're wanting to add more power, I would look at a heavier methanol concentration for which you would also want a separate tank in my opinion.  But running washer fluid to cool the intake temps I think would work.  I too am looking for any further input on this.  Most meth setups I've read about on the forum seem more oriented to supplementing fuel and increasing boost. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

polskifacet

you still get 33% meth in ww fluid. I bet its ample to up spark and cool the charge. we will know in 2 weeks or so XD

SHO9987

Right on! Let us know how it goes.  I'm curious as to how that nozzle does for you.  As well as how much washer fluid you go through and how often lol.  I'm thinking that since it's a lower flowing nozzle, you should get longer use out of each washer fluid fill up. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

polskifacet

I will have 15 minutes of spray for 1 gallon. Its the same nozzle type that Alky kits uses.

SHO9987

That's not bad at all.  I didn't realize that was what came with the alky kits.  I thought they flowed more than 200 a minute. 

polskifacet

Quote from: SHO9987 on June 23, 2017, 07:05:38 PM
That's not bad at all.  I didn't realize that was what came with the alky kits.  I thought they flowed more than 200 a minute.
They gave SBS a huge one M15 im running M5. I mean it's the same nozzle not necessarily the same size.

polskifacet

darn low profile nozzle holder is too shallow. Looks like I have to use a regular high pressure elbow

TopherSho

Quote from: polskifacet on June 24, 2017, 12:18:46 AM
darn low profile nozzle holder is too shallow. Looks like I have to use a regular high pressure elbow

boo!

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TopherSho

Question!  Why did you go with a boost switch versus the MAP splicing?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction