• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The Return of the Naughty 2017 MKZ 3.0T

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 16, 2017, 06:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Hello all --

Well... my electrical issues are getting more frustrating. I have an appointment setup for 6/26 to have the dealership look at my vehicle again.

Quick, Dirty, Non-Tangents Daily Video
! No longer available

Issue #1 - Rear Dome Light
I already started a topic on this... Hoping to have something re-flashed.

Issue #2 - Rear Park Sensor Staying on Screen + Covering Reverse Camera
Every once in a while the park sensor comes up and covers my reverse camera. I don't have 360 park sensors on my car, so I'm assuming its a SYNC 3 bug. Then, it stays on the screen even after I put the car in drive. It isn't until I put the car in reverse again will it go away.

Issue #3 - After Call while using Nav -- All my climate controls stopped working.
This one is a bit more odd. I can't replicate this, but it was a 90 degree day so it pissed me off pretty badly. I was driving in the middle of no where Wisconsin (with Navigation on) when I got a call. The car will auto turn down your fans for the duration of the call. The call dropped and the fans never turned back on. In fact, the fans stopped working completely. Didn't matter if I turned off the fans, turned on the fans, high, low, max ac --- as you can see in the video... Nothing worked.

I even turned off the car, turned the car back on, and the AC still didn't work. I tried turning off the car, opening the door, closing the door, then starting it again, and it still didn't work.

I ended up going to a gas station to fill up and grab some lunch. I walked out of the car, and went into the gas station (with keys). Waiting for lunch for about 15 minutes and walked back and the climate controls worked again.

Last, I've been getting a lot of key not detected in the car. I'm going to replace the battery and see if the keys will start detecting again.

OH! And I used my friends BlueDriver to scan for codes when this was happening (I happened to have it in my car), NO CODES. >:(

These damn electrical gremlins.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

I hope your dealership can resolve these issues.  But at this point I might be considering a new unit altogether.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO